Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ifyou are working with a ribber the problem usually happens when the ribber position isn't quite accurate. If it's single bed work then probably a tension problem - frequently the yarn mast tensioners. Check too that there is no roughness anywhere through the flow of the yarn. Sometimes after we've had a little accident there remains a rough edge, tiny but just enough to upset the yarn. Run a finger along each edge and if you feel the sligthest roughness smooth it off - an emery board does a good job!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elis said:
Ifyou are working with a ribber the problem usually happens when the ribber position isn't quite accurate. If it's single bed work then probably a tension problem - frequently the yarn mast tensioners. Check too that there is no roughness anywhere through the flow of the yarn. Sometimes after we've had a little accident there remains a rough edge, tiny but just enough to upset the yarn. Run a finger along each edge and if you feel the sligthest roughness smooth it off - an emery board does a good job!
Thanks Elis, I wondered if it was a tension problem. I am not using the ribber. I will give it a good once over and see if I can locate the tension problem. The emery is a great suggestion. Thank you.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured out the tension. I have been using another brand of KM. When I threaded this on up I didn't thread it right. Had to go back to basics. Machine is knitting great again. Operator error. ;0)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom