Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pattern from here a while back - I think it was June or July - for a keyhole scarf that starts with 80 stitches to form a ruffle. The rest of the scarf is 40 stitches wide (it's a 5 stitch repeat). And, somehow I lost the pattern I printed out because it's only a 2 row repeat ... and I can remember that.
Just can't remember where I put the directions and how to finish it. :oops:
Can anyone help me??? I've searched Ravelry and here Thanks!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Lacie Self-Securing Scarf

Materials Martha Stewart Crafts 100% merino wool yarn – 2 skeins
Size 7US straight knitting needles (3)
Needle to weave in ends
Scrap yarn or stitch holder

•Note.. Slip first stitch of each row KW KnitWise (as if to knit) on all rows to keep uniform edges. This includes the ruffle rows, the loop rows and the body of scarf.

Make ruffle Cast on 80 stitches. Knit 7 rows in stockinette (K on right side, P on wrong side) Remembering to slip first stitch of each row KW.

Next row. K2 together across row. (40 stitches remain)
Body of scarf. With remaining 40 stitches, begin lace pattern

Row 1 Slip first stitch ONLY as if to Knit, yo, ssk, P2, * K1, yo, ssk, P2* repeat between asterisks until end of row
Row 2 Slip first stitch ONLY as if to Knit, purl to end of row.

Work these two rows until work measures 8” from cast on edge.

Divide stitches by slipping stitches to two needles.

Slip first stitch onto right hand needle, then second to third needle, third stitch onto right hand needle, fourth stitch onto third needle. Repeat slipping stitches alternately until you have 40 stitches on each needle.

Slip stitches from one needle onto scrap yarn or holder.

Work remaining 40 stitches in stockinette, slipping first stitch knitwise until piece measures 2 inches. Break yarn, leaving a 6 inch tail.

Attach yarn to unworked 40 stitches and repeat the stockinette stitch until length reaches 2 inches.

Next, holding both sections on needles in your left hand, slip stitches one at a time onto empty needle, alternating between two needles until all work is back on one needle again.

Begin with lace pattern and knit until work measures 31 inches from loop section.

Make ruffle Increase in each stitch by knitting into front and back of each stitch (80 stitches on needle)
Knit in stockinette stitch slipping first of each row KW for 7 rows.

Bind off all stitches. Block lightly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OH thank you!! This is it - Lacie Self-Securing Scarf

I knew if I stopped beating myself up for misplacing things and just asked for help someone here could & would
Thanks Rosie

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is from AmyKnits I think this is the pattern you are looking for. Just do a search on KP and type name and it will appear

Needle to weave in ends
Scrap yarn or stitch holder

•Note.. Slip first stitch of each row KW KnitWise (as if to knit) on all rows to keep uniform edges. This includes the ruffle rows, the loop rows and the body of scarf.

Make ruffle Cast on 80 stitches. Knit 7 rows in stockinette (K on right side, P on wrong side) Remembering to slip first stitch of each row KW.

Next row. K2 together across row. (40 stitches remain)
Body of scarf. With remaining 40 stitches, begin lace pattern

Row 1 Slip first stitch ONLY as if to Knit, yo, ssk, P2, * K1, yo, ssk, P2* repeat between asterisks until end of row
Row 2 Slip first stitch ONLY as if to Knit, purl to end of row.

Work these two rows until work measures 8” from cast on edge.

Divide stitches by slipping stitches to two needles.

Slip first stitch onto right hand needle, then second to third needle, third stitch onto right hand needle, fourth stitch onto third needle. Repeat slipping stitches alternately until you have 40 stitches on each needle.

Slip stitches from one needle onto scrap yarn or holder.

Work remaining 40 stitches in stockinette, slipping first stitch knitwise until piece measures 2 inches. Break yarn, leaving a 6 inch tail.

Attach yarn to unworked 40 stitches and repeat the stockinette stitch until length reaches 2 inches.

Next, holding both sections on needles in your left hand, slip stitches one at a time onto empty needle, alternating between two needles until all work is back on one needle again.

Begin with lace pattern and knit until work measures 31 inches from loop section.

Make ruffle Increase in each stitch by knitting into front and back of each stitch (80 stitches on needle)
Knit in stockinette stitch slipping first of each row KW for 7 rows.

Full view of scarf

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
SassyToy1 said:
This is from AmyKnits I think this is the pattern you are looking for. Just do a search on KP and type name and it will appear

....Deleted for length.....
Full view of scarf
It has already been posted twice.

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
SassyToy1 said:
Not trying to step on toes Gaxaly Just trying to be helpful. The others were not posted when I posted we sort of did it together. Sorry
Aug 29, 13 14:05:25
Rosieredhair
Aug 29, 13 14:08:47
galaxycraft
Lacie self securing scarf by AmyKnits
Sep 25, 12
AmyKnits wrote:
Aug 31, 13 14:14:30
SassyToy1
This is from AmyKnits I think this is the pattern you are looking for. Just do a search on KP and type name and it will appear.
etc,etc (copy and paste)
........................................................................................................
Not reading posts before replying is one thing, but to actually lie. :roll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is an unfortunate fact that if you are writing a response, someone else may post a response more quickly than you do so that by the time you have clicked on the "send" someone else has answered the question.

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
Joanna B said:
It is an unfortunate fact that if you are writing a response, someone else may post a response more quickly than you do so that by the time you have clicked on the "send" someone else has answered the question.
Yes it does happen...
2 minutes, 20 minutes.....
But not 2 days.
I keep things "watched" for several days after the original poster has received the answer to see if there are other questions.
It is disappointing to see another copy and paste of the pattern itself when it had already been given twice before, 2 days prior.
And in this case, 2 days prior, the original poster had verified that the pattern had been indeed found and a thank you given (all on the first page).
Is it too much to ask for potential posters to read the posts before replying with the same info?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom