Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with row 1 of the lace chart. I have ripped out and recounted stitches six times but I still end up with more stitches on my needle at the end of row 1. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pattern instructions are in the book Knitting In The Details. The pattern is for lace and beads.

The instructions are as follows:

Cable cast on 5, cast off 2, repeat 16 more times, knit 2, total 53 stitches. (this technique creates a pico and I have no problems with this)Work in stockinette for 4 rows. Begin lace chart: Row 1.Knit 3, yo, knit 5, purl, K2tog, yo, k12, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k 12, ssk, yo, knit 1, purl, knit 5, yo knit 3. At this point I have too many stitches on my needle.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
When I counted the stitches in row 1 I got 53 how many are you supposed to have? Each of the K2together makes 1 stitch. The ssk is 2 stitches. I don't see where your problem is unless you had more than 53 stitches on your needles when you started the lace row.

·
Registered
24,561 Posts
There are several patterns that increase in one row and bring the number of stitches back to the original several rows later. I'm knitting one now that is a basic 8 stitch pattern but it increases to 9 on row 2 and doesn't come back to 8 until row 12.

I didn't see the chart but looking at it, it doesn't look like that's the problem. I have a pattern for some smaller diamonds that look similar but don't have the problem.

There may well be a mistake in the pattern. Printers don't always get it right. You may need to email the publisher and ask if there's an errata sheet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
these are diamond patterns and a lovely design. There are places in the chart where you add beads and other places that there is a 'no stitch" but this isn't the problem. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom