Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I might find a Louisa Harding "Queen of Hearts" pattern book. I've tried most used book sites and the usual
Amazon, ebay and halfprice books. I've heard that it's out of print
but I hoped there was a copy somewhere.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Check out knitting sites. Jimmy Beans Wool has it, as does elann.com. It looks like it is still available to purchase. Some really cool patterns in there! I love Alice in Wonderland!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Some very nice patterns, but why Why WHY do publishers have to use models that are skin and bones? That girl looks like she could use a sandwich--or a stay at a drug clinic to dry out from taking too many amphetamines to keep weight off.

Don't give me any 'be nice some people have to struggle to gain or maintain weight' crap either!

I'm sure they do. The PUBLISHERS certainly don't need to flout them as the perfect roll models for our young women, do they?

Bah. Off my soapbox.

Hope you can find your book and that it actually has patterns with sizes for 'normal' people.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Here's another place to check for ANY book you're looking for: www.paperbackswap.com

You join this group, list any books you have (any sort -- paperback, hardback, audio, fiction, non-fiction). If I want one of the books you've listed, I click in the appropriate space and the system lets you know I want the book. It costs me a credit (2 for audio books) which I earned by sending people my unwanted books. You mail the book to me, and you get a credit which you can then use to 'buy' a book you want. I've gotten some wonderful knitting books -- in fact, I can't remember the last time I paid money for any book!

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
lucilou said:
Does anyone know where I might find a Louisa Harding "Queen of Hearts" pattern book. I've tried most used book sites and the usual
Amazon, ebay and halfprice books. I've heard that it's out of print
but I hoped there was a copy somewhere.
You can find the book to buy at Knitting Fever. It is approx. $23.00.. They also have her patterns at that site and on Ravelry as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom