Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the Love of crochet magazine because although I like knitting better I can crochet and I really like the trick or treat bag patterns in this magazine. So I started making the mummy bag and it doesn't look at all like the picture. I am so disappointed as I have been following the directions exactly. So I looked more closely at the picture and it looks knit to me. Does anyone else have this magazine and does the picture they used look knit to you? The other two bags in the picture are definitely crochet but this one looks like knit ribbing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the pattern is for crochet. But it does not look like their picture. Their picture looks like knitted ribbing to me. I was just wondering if anyone else had this magazine and thought the same about their picture.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
if you use FP(front post) or BP(Back post) you will end up with a ribbed effect in crocheting. I am crocheting a basket weave baby blanket and you use the FP and BP to make the weave effect. Also there is a Pumpkin that is crochet this way and sideways to make it look like a real pumpkin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom