Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
TheresaD said:
I've been knitting and crocheting for a LONG time, but I am still finding new techniques and patterns, so I guess I'll be knitting and crocheting for a LONG time to come.
Welcome Theresa ;-) .....I also live in NC...near Winston Salem.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
TheresaD said:
Sad to say I've never been to Winston-Salem though I have driven thru it several times. I think our whole state is beautiful. Have you ever done entrelac knitting and if so, what?
I love Asheville....when we first planned on moving here (our son and now his wife and babies live here), we were going to go to Asheville, but since we wanted to help with the babies, we decided to move closer....we are now 10 miles from "the action"

:D I've never heard of "entrelac knitting"....what is it?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe if you come to Asheville, we can meet for coffee or I can show you our yarn shops. I have to leave my credit cards at home because there is way to much to buy. Entrelac knitting makes the item look like it was knit in strips and then woven together. I love the look and am currently making a baby afghan in pastels and a full size in browns. I tried to add pictures but I've never done it before so not sure how it will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
TheresaD said:
Maybe if you come to Asheville, we can meet for coffee or I can show you our yarn shops. I have to leave my credit cards at home because there is way to much to buy. Entrelac knitting makes the item look like it was knit in strips and then woven together. I love the look and am currently making a baby afghan in pastels and a full size in browns. I tried to add pictures but I've never done it before so not sure how it will work.

[/quote=cabin] I just love your pics, there beautiful! I really love the brown one, don't get me wrong about the pastels, I love it also but I'll always pull towards the browns, black and darker colors.
I also have an Aunt that live's in Asheville on 19&26 heading toward Weaverville N.C.! I just love Asheville myself! That's where my family came from way back in our generations. I go there a lot to see my aunt and have a hard time coming back to Michigan. cabin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom