Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
http://www.tricksyknitter.com/

What caught my eye was chart maker, which is helpful when you want to do fair isle or intarsia knitting.

I was quite excited until I realized that the chart itself is all squares. Knit stitches are not exactly square-- they are wider than they are tall so if you chart using squares your design will turn out shorter and wider when it is knitted.

Too bad they didn't take that into account when they set up the program. It would be perfect for counted cross stitch--not so perfect for knitting. :-(

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
jeanmb said:
http://www.tricksyknitter.com/

What caught my eye was chart maker, which is helpful when you want to do fair isle or intarsia knitting.

I was quite excited until I realized that the chart itself is all squares. Knit stitches are not exactly square-- they are wider than they are tall so if you chart using squares your design will turn out shorter and wider when it is knitted.

Too bad they didn't take that into account when they set up the program. It would be perfect for counted cross stitch--not so perfect for knitting. :-(
Don't all charts use squares?

·
Registered
455 Posts
If it had been a pony, I would have dropped everything to start that hat!!! The sheep is so cute though...I mean we knitters should wear a hat like that, should we not?! Of course I can't help but have the wheels turn if it's possible to do a hat that looks like a Shetland pony?!?! Maybe just as well, I have a sack full of hats for troops in the Middle East in progress for an October shipping date (Christmas packages) and it truly is best that I not be distracted from my mission. The little lamb will have to wait, as I work on the more plain, functional but needed and well appreciated caps. But it was a fun site and I thank you so much for sharing it with us. I'm going to seek out the pattern for the hat and put it on my list of things I look forward to knitting. The texture to the lamb just delights me....WONDERFUL!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
dashponydriver said:
Okay...that link got me in trouble. You know, just a fast peek. Then I see this little sheep hat and go "OH MY>>>LOVE THAT!" Thanks for sharing!!!
I went to the link, but didn't see the sheep hat.

Where did you find it? I agree, it's adorable. Would like to add it to my "to do" list.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It appears that it is contained in a book
60 Quick Baby Knits: Blankets, Booties, Sweaters & More in Cascade 220 Superwash
I have it on my Wish List on Amazon ($10.47)
Some of their books have a feature to let you electronically thumb through them, but not this one.
If someone out there in KP Land has the book, maybe they can confirm that the lambikins hat is in it?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DorisT - I went back to find it and I didn't have any luck - darn!! I have a shower gift I am making on my knitting machine and have to finish it tonight. Maybe someone else found it and can give you the info. I will check tomorrow for you. Ellie in Houston

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sheep Loving Knitters...I can CONFIRM that the darling little sheep hat pattern is contained in the 20 Quick Baby Knits book mentioned previously per the following website:

http://cascadeyarns.blogspot.com/2011/02/60-quick-baby-knits-preview-sheep-hat.html

(Copy and paste the link into your browser)
It is only listed in baby size...which is no surprise since the book is for baby items. Apparently there is also a sheep blanket and a cute monkey hat so the book sounds fun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom