Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received email from Lion Brand about a new yarn, and it had a link to this lovely textured shawl pattern:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L32067.html?utm_source=20130816_Aug16&utm_medium=Emails&utm_campaign=Weeklynewsletter&utm_content=

I love the yarn colors, however, I especially like the texture. My preference would be for a stole shape, but that would be easy to do just working from a book of stitches and patterns--no pattern needed. I can also see this color made up into a textured baby sweater and blankie.

Oops...drooling on my keyboard again. I keep promising to crochet myself a bib for the times when I go 'net surfing...but always take a detour to the chocolate stash and totally forget that particular promise-to-self.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
You are so funny. I like your sense of humour.. I need a screen that automatically senses that I am going to laugh so hard I spew sweet coffee at the screen and all over my keyboard from reading something funny. Seems like someone could invent something like that. My keys stick because I can't get all the sugary stuff from the keyboard sometimes.
Love you remark about the chocolate. Coffee is my #1 "chocolate".

God bless and stop drooling. I save my drools for Tom Selleck!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DonnieK said:
You are so funny. I like your sense of humour.. I need a screen that automatically senses that I am going to laugh so hard I spew sweet coffee at the screen and all over my keyboard from reading something funny. Seems like someone could invent something like that. My keys stick because I can't get all the sugary stuff from the keyboard sometimes.
Love you remark about the chocolate. Coffee is my #1 "chocolate".

God bless and stop drooling. I save my drools for Tom Selleck!
With all the instances I've heard about from friends who spill on their keyboards, it seems surprising that some company hasn't come out with a liquid-proof keyboard as a selling point. I've seen plastic keyboard covers but don't know if they make them for keyboards for laptops. I tried one once and it kind of impeded by typing speed and felt a little awkward. Maybe a plastic veil over the face would be a better option. Then I could just walk outside and clean up with the garden hose....

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
wyldwmn said:
With all the instances I've heard about from friends who spill on their keyboards, it seems surprising that some company hasn't come out with a liquid-proof keyboard as a selling point. I've seen plastic keyboard covers but don't know if they make them for keyboards for laptops. I tried one once and it kind of impeded by typing speed and felt a little awkward. Maybe a plastic veil over the face would be a better option. Then I could just walk outside and clean up with the garden hose....

Washable keyboards have been available for 10 years+ just they are a pain to use and are very expensive so they never took off, they even make them that roll up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom