Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my week started out with a dead car battery. Ok son in law brought home a new one last night and installed it.Problem solved. Gosh batterys are expensive!

So today I said to myself, "Let's have pizza for lunch". And I answered myself, "GREAT". And off I went to the local pizza parlor.

I just sat down, placed my order when in walked 3 very young and handsome men in uniform. I watched as they carefully placed their orders. Mindful of their budget and cash on hand.

Just then an ANGEL whispered in my ear.... "Treat them to lunch and go home and have a peanutbutter sandwich".

So I did. I cancelled my order and paid for their lunch instead. Wrote a note on a slip of paper.. "Thank you for your service and may God Bless all of you". The waitress and I both had tears in our eyes as I handed her the note to give to them instead of a check.

I drove home with them on my mind. Who are they? Whose sons or grandsons or brothers are they? I'll never know. But I do know I just finished the best tasting peanut butter sandwich I ever ate.

God Bless all who serve in uniform to our country. May they return to their homes safely at the end of their journey.

Linda

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
From a military Mom here, Thank you for your wonderful random act of kindness. My own son was given a gift like this a while back. He was just so surprised he had to call me right away. So, your gift has not only touched the hearts of these young men it has also touched the hearts of their families. Trust me, the gift you gave will always be remembered.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah thanks everyone. But I did it for them. Not for personal gloating. It was surely a "feel good" day for me.

I hope they enjoyed their lunch. And know their efforts and sacrifices are not in vain.

God Bless America.
Nitey-nite,
Linda

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
What a wonderful thing you did for those three young men. You will truly be blessed for this, and I am sure they will never ever forget that someone thought enough of them and what they stand for, to do this for them. Maybe what you have shared with us will prompt others to do the same and show how grateful they are to those soldiers who risk their lives for us all. Thank you !!!! Jenny xx

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom