Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was in Lansing for the Michigan gathering at KissnTell's, I went to two LYS with CherylD. One is Rae's Yarn Boutique, and they were having a sale. I spend mumblemumblemumble and they were kind enough to set it aside for me, as I had left my $$ in the car, which was a mile away. Later that day, we went to Sticks & Strings, and I spend about the same amount of $$ as I did at Rae's; they were also having some of their yarn on sale and I actually bought enough to make something for ME!! Which, of course, I haven't started yet. Someday, when I retire . . . Anyway, both stores were staffed with knowledgeable women, and had way more yarn than I'll ever have money for. S & S said that if we wanted to do another Michigan group thing, they have an air-conditioned room upstairs which we could use . . . something to think about for next time?? I recommend both stores, and will no doubt spend mumblemumblemumble again the next time I'm in town. Consider yourselves warned about the dangers of entering either establishment!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I am confessing one of my addictions here. When I travel, I always google yarn shops and find at least one. And of course, each one sells something I can't find at any others, so of course, I must buy it. This is especially true in Europe, cause they have such great yarn there. DH has been very patient. I find him a pub or a bench nearby and he people watches while I yarn crawl!!! It can be an expensive addiction, yes, but a nice reminder of the trip.

·
Registered
540 Posts
barbdpayne said:
I am confessing one of my addictions here. When I travel, I always google yarn shops and find at least one. And of course, each one sells something I can't find at any others, so of course, I must buy it. This is especially true in Europe, cause they have such great yarn there. DH has been very patient. I find him a pub or a bench nearby and he people watches while I yarn crawl!!! It can be an expensive addiction, yes, but a nice reminder of the trip.
I do the very same thing and we are on vacation this week in Utah and I have 4 Salt Lake City LYSs mapped out to visit. Can't wait, probably tomorrow!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom