Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby and I are going to a seminar in Loveland in September.
While he's in class, I'd like to get in trouble. :sm09:
Where is a delicious yarn shop?
We will be at the Hilton Garden Inn, near the industrial park.
Of course google maps shows everything but yarn stores. :sm09: :sm09:

·
Registered
21,445 Posts
Google yarn stores near Loveland, OH

Main Street Yarns
126 W Main Street · (513) 204-0078
Open until 7:00 PM

Fiber Licious
8157 Camargo Rd · (513) 271-3191

Fiber Optic Yarns
726 Mohawk Trail · (513) 248-0752
Open until 5:00 PM

·
Registered
18,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jmcret05 said:
Google yarn stores near Loveland, OH

Main Street Yarns
126 W Main Street · (513) 204-0078
Open until 7:00 PM

Fiber Licious
8157 Camargo Rd · (513) 271-3191

Fiber Optic Yarns
726 Mohawk Trail · (513) 248-0752
Open until 5:00 PM
This is exciting!!
All 3 are within 20 minutes of the hotel!!
Thanks!
Can't wait for the adventure to begin! :sm09:

·
Registered
520 Posts
The ladies at Main Street Yarns in Mason are very nice and I have found them to be very welcoming. They will let you browse on your own if you prefer, but if you start chatting you will find them all very friendly.

Fiber optics in Milford is Kimberly Baldwin's brick and mortar shop for her own gorgeously dyed yarns and footnotes gradient kits. They are wonderful and she is the sweetest person. However September is in the middle of fiber festival season so she might be on the road, but her staff is also very nice!

I will have to check out the other one in Madeira next time I visit my family in Cincy area. Have fun, you will be in a very nice area! There is a great cupcake bakery in the heart of Loveland also!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Patty,
I live in Cincinnati and have an intimate knowledge of many of the yarn stores in the area. Loveland is part of Greater Cincinnati, so you want to google Cincinnati yarn stores, not necessarily just Loveland. The "yarn stores that are 'Don't Want to Miss" include Knit-on in Newport, KY. Don't let the location fool you: it's right across the river (17 miles from Loveland) and is my personal favorite.. If you are crossing the river anyway, KnitWits is on Buttermilk Pike and another great store. Now start going north on 75 to get to Silk Road Textiles- the staff there is wonderful. They also have fabric for quilting, so the yarn selection is good but not as great as Knit-on. Of course there is Hanks, not a particular favorite of mine but the selectiion is good. Then, if you want to drive a bit north, another personal favorite is Lambikins which is in Hamilton. I have not been to Fiber Optics (it's in Milford) or Main Street Yarn (in Mason) yet, nor to Fberlicious, but, if you want a local that knows how to get to these places, send me a direct message. I an part of a little group of fiber folks called the Occasionally Knotty, and you can talk us into a mini-yarn crawl easily enough. Our group meets regularly on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Send me a PM and I'll send you my phone number.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
janmary said:
The ladies at Main Street Yarns in Mason are very nice and I have found them to be very welcoming. They will let you browse on your own if you prefer, but if you start chatting you will find them all very friendly.

Fiber optics in Milford is Kimberly Baldwin's brick and mortar shop for her own gorgeously dyed yarns and footnotes gradient kits. They are wonderful and she is the sweetest person. However September is in the middle of fiber festival season so she might be on the road, but her staff is also very nice!

I will have to check out the other one in Madeira next time I visit my family in Cincy area. Have fun, you will be in a very nice area! There is a great cupcake bakery in the heart of Loveland also!
Thank you for mentioning the cities that these stores are really in. I grew up in Loveland, long ago.So these stores are not really IN LOVELAND but in nearby cities/towns. I think I had visited the store in Madeira, or a knitting store in Madeira, only 15 -20 years ago (ha,ha,ha) and really enjoyed it.

I love visiting yarn stores in the various towns, and cities I visit.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Rita, I didn't mention where these were: Hanks is in Hyde Park, Silk Road is in College Hill on Hamilton (not to be confused with in Hamilton), and the Occasionally Knotty meets in Reading in the old Price auto and Upholstery shop. Now you get a real blast from the past. ????

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
OccasionallyKnotty said:
Rita, I didn't mention where these were: Hanks is in Hyde Park, Silk Road is in College Hill on Hamilton (not to be confused with in Hamilton), and the Occasionally Knotty meets in Reading in the old Price auto and Upholstery shop. Now you get a real blast from the past. ????
All of these stores sound so great that I might just have to head north to the Loveland area for shopping.

Rita in Raleigh, NC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom