Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
i have always had trouble with left and right everything. i grew up in the theatre and learnt stage directions first which has confused my whole life. i work better with port and starboard, and i remember everything connected to these directions thusly: everything on the right is bigger.
right starboard green (light on boat) M1R needle back to FRONT
left port red (light on boat) M1L front to BACK

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
toast said:
I really like the M1 increase but always have to get out the instructions to remind me how to do it. Is there a poem or rhyme to remember the sequence?
This has always been one of those have-to-look-it-up-every-project kind of things for me. But watching and listening to the Youtube video, I got an idea.

She says that for the M1R, you pick up the bar from the back and then knit the stitch "normally." Now, hopefully, I can remember to use the phrase, "normally, whatever I can't find is right behind me." And I'll know that the M1L is the other way.

:) I don't think I could navigate Life without all kinds of little helpful phrases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom