Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
I don't think I have ever needed to increase on the purl side.... however, I just googled "purl increase" and there are several video and photo tutorials out there....
For me, "best" is what I feel like I can do so it looks like I want it to :sm02:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have viewed those videos, but the ones I found show how to do an increase on the purl side, but show the effect on the knit side. I haven't found anything showing the result on the purl right side.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
boncamp said:
Thanks, I have viewed those videos, but the ones I found show how to do an increase on the purl side, but show the effect on the knit side. I haven't found anything showing the result on the purl right side.
You may find it helpful to do a swatch and try out different increases to see what looks best for your project. Perfect reason to swatch before working on your project.

·
Registered
161,586 Posts
Yes, it is basically the same as the M1 when you knit, but you are purling it. I know I have done it, but it is a bit fiddly. Just practice on a swatch until you are comfortable with it. You may need to switch the loop you pick up from one needle to the other to get the correct slant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom