Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
When asking a question please include a link or the name of the pattern. If it is a copyright pattern if we see a picture it could help in answering your questions.
Thank you. jinx

·
Registered
450 Posts
jinx said:
When asking a question please include a link or the name of the pattern. If it is a copyright pattern if we see a picture it could help in answering your questions.
Thank you. jinx
I really think that this "copy right business" is getting carried away! Believe it only is an issue when it comes to reprinting zillions or making the item for sale.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mary Smith said:
jinx said:
Thank you. jinx
I really think that this "copy right business" is getting carried away! Believe it only is an issue when it comes to reprinting zillions or making the item for sale.
If you search this topic, you will see oodles of posts giving all opinions etc.

It is "an issue" if the copyright holder takes action and this could be even if only one person prints off a copy for someone else.

It is a pain, I know, when all you want to do is to help someone with a pattern and perhaps if only a picture of the pattern and part of the instructions that are causing difficulty can be shared, the copyright holder would see that it was not an attempt to infringe their rights.

I have seen posts on here from designers who produce their own patterns and, no doubt, they can say if this would be acceptable to them.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Baker said:
This is on a pattern, can anyone tell me what it means?
It is shown on an increase row.

Thank you

Rose
Other's have indicated that a link to your patter would help. If the pattern is from a book you have you can also give the name of the book and which pattern you are working because someone might have that book in their library.
My next question is whether the pattern has a stitch section. Most patterns have somewhere either right after the materials required or just before the start of the pattern that defines the different stitches used in the pattern. If this pattern is in a book it's possible the stitch glossary is at the back of the book. Some of the pattern books I have use this method because the same stitch might be used in several patterns so instead of writing each out in the pattern they refer to the pattern section at the back of the book.
Unfortunately we need more information in order to help you out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
m9+1 is supposedly make 9 stitches in one stitch, this was in a thread here a long time ago, there was a tip provided to make a larger loop than usual in the row before this as it gets really tight to get 9 stitches into one. You can google" m91 knitting stitch" and get more info, that is where I found that this has come up before.

Note: I have never tried doing this!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought it was multiple of 9 +1, just not sure.
I assume also that is there incase someone wants to make the piece wider.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Pattern: is a burial gown First row of skirt.

It is shown on Ravelry Site..
Designer: Lenore ? ( sorry forgot her last name)

I can certainly contact her. I have already with a question and she was wonderful! I was so pleased that she responded.

thanks for listening.

Rose

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom