Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been practicing on the magic loop. Hate dpns. A kper posted the pattern I am using. Its small and if I make a mistake...like pulling out the wrong needle, I dont mind starting over. My question is...if you have 15 stitches and split them in half, you have 7 on one and 8 on one. Now, when it says k2 together, k3 around and you get to the end and you may only have one at the end before going to the other needle. What to do then? Hope this makes sence. I am posting the ones I am practicing on but can’t post the site. I want to make one for my DH heart surgeon that operated on him 6 weeks ago and I dont want mistakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,222 Posts
susieM said:
I have been practicing on the magic loop. Hate dpns. A kper posted the pattern I am using. Its small and if I make a mistake...like pulling out the wrong needle, I dont mind starting over. My question is...if you have 15 stitches and split them in half, you have 7 on one and 8 on one. Now, when it says k2 together, k3 around and you get to the end and you may only have one at the end before going to the other needle. What to do then? Hope this makes sence. I am posting the ones I am practicing on but can’t post the site. I want to make one for my DH heart surgeon that operated on him 6 weeks ago and I dont want mistakes.
Simply move that odd stitch to the other side of the cable, so you can work that k2tog. That is the beauty of ML, you can move the stitches on the cable easily from one side to the other. As I work ML on anything, I never think of 1st or 2nd needle since I am just working round and round. I always have my working needle in my right hand...and while I am actively knitting, there is a loop of cable at each end of the item I am knitting. Stitches can slide around the cable to where ever I need them for working the pattern.

·
Registered
17,766 Posts
susieM said:
I just bring the stitches together where the loop sticks out and pull the loop out again one stitch over where you want the stitch to move to the other needle. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You don’t have to split the stitches equally between the needles; sometimes it’s best to group them by pattern repeat.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I’ve found that using two circular needles makes things go faster. Luckily I had doubles for a project and didn’t have to buy any for a small project. For a big project I would invest in them! And good luck with your project and your husbands recovery.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Slip the next stitch (as a purl stitch) to the needle you will be knitting the 2 stitches together on. It isn't hard to do, but do go slowly until you are comfortable doing this. You want to slip the stitch as a purl stitch to keep it in the correct position for knitting it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
What I do: pull needle out from last stitch so stitch slides on cord to other needle. Gently bend cord and push 2 stitches back onto other needle. You can now knit both together and continue on with magic loop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom