Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this bowl at Goodwill earlier this week. I don't believe it was originally intended for a knitting bowl. I am giving it to a new- to- knitting friend. She was inspired by her Bible study group at her church. Some of the folks there have been bringing along their knitting and Teri wanted to learn. Then I found this bowl. I am driving over to where she works shortly to give it to her. I couldn't find a more fitting gift if I had it custom crafted. My own knitting "bowl" is a liter soda bottle cut in half and overlapped. Yarn ball inside, working yarn comes through the spout. It works, it's lightweight and it's a good use for a plastic bottle. Not so pretty though. I may knit a cozy for it after the holidays.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
knovice knitter said:
I found this bowl at Goodwill earlier this week. I don't believe it was originally intended for a knitting bowl. I am giving it to a new- to- knitting friend. She was inspired by her Bible study group at her church. Some of the folks there have been bringing along their knitting and Teri wanted to learn. Then I found this bowl. I am driving over to where she works shortly to give it to her. I couldn't find a more fitting gift if I had it custom crafted. My own knitting "bowl" is a liter soda bottle cut in half and overlapped. Yarn ball inside, working yarn comes through the spout. It works, it's lightweight and it's a good use for a plastic bottle. Not so pretty though. I may knit a cozy for it after the holidays.
The fact that that has crosses on it and the holes in it make it absolutely perfect for your friend. She will LOVE it. I like your plastic bottle idea and I'm going to steal it! :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
SaskMel said:
knovice knitter said:
The fact that that has crosses on it and the holes in it make it absolutely perfect for your friend. She will LOVE it. I like your plastic bottle idea and I'm going to steal it! :)
Me too.

·
Registered
898 Posts
How appropriate with the crosses. It would be easy to make prayer shawls with the yarn in this bowl. Constant reminder to pray. Thank you for thinking enough of her to buy the bowl. It absolutely wonderful.

Bless you.

·
Registered
11,924 Posts
My own knitting "bowl" is a liter soda bottle cut in half and overlapped. Yarn ball inside said:
You just gave me an idea. My family just finished a big plastic container of Peanut butter that I bought at Costco. I usually put things like this into the Recycle bin. I am going to put a hole in the lid and use it as a yarn "bowl". I will post a picture if I can figure out how to do it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom