Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted by JPColdren, a member on KP. She had some jewelry that she wanted converted into stitch markers and wondered if I could do this for her. I really enjoyed this project and I think she has some really nice markers that will bring back good memories while she is using them with her knitting. Lot of us have necklaces and earrings that have good memories that they don't wear but don't want to give away. Making stitch markers out of them was a great idea!!!

I also made her a several zipper pulls for her purse or jackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Fantastic!!! Love the idea. I am going to give this a go with some of the beads I have left over from another project.

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
I just met JP at the Michigan get-together and she gave each of the members there one of the markers. They are beautifully made - I love the idea of recycling jewelry that has good memories but that I don't wear anymore. I may be in contact with you, Neeterbug!

·
Registered
13,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jumbleburt said:
I just met JP at the Michigan get-together and she gave each of the members there one of the markers. They are beautifully made - I love the idea of recycling jewelry that has good memories but that I don't wear anymore. I may be in contact with you, Neeterbug!
jumbleburt...Thank you for your nice comments on the stitch markers. Hope to hear from you!!!

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
What wonderful markers. I for one use them all the time with the shawl patterns to keep my self right on the design. Very nice and excellent way to use the "old" jewelry. Do you do this for others? How much do you charge?

·
Registered
13,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
patocenizo said:
What wonderful markers. I for one use them all the time with the shawl patterns to keep my self right on the design. Very nice and excellent way to use the "old" jewelry. Do you do this for others? How much do you charge?
Good morning patocenizo...I really enjoyed making these for PJ...and yes, I certainly would make them for you...as for cost, it depends on what size stitch markers you want from your old jewelry and how many markers. Because I would be using your beads I wouldn't charge as much as if I used all my supplies. You can let me know what you have and I can give you a better idea of how much to charge.

Would love to make you a set of stitch markers from your "old" jewelry...just send a PM with your details.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom