Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Malabrigo Yarn from Uruguay (sp!) Thinking about ordering some but since it is "pricey" I would like to know if anyone has used it for cowls and/or scarves. Need to know if it is "soft" to the touch. Thanks so much. luv

·
Registered
19,531 Posts
I've used Merino Lace, Rios & Arroyo and love them all; very soft, knits up easily and the colours are wonderful. I did the "knit cross stitch scarf" in both Rios & Arroyo and got a lot of compliments on both. The twisted stitches in that pattern really show off the colours

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
I have several skeins of Malabrigo yarn, although not used any yet. But it does feel so lovely and soft. Leonora
maureenadrian73 said:
Has anyone used Malabrigo Yarn from Uruguay (sp!) Thinking about ordering some but since it is "pricey" I would like to know if anyone has used it for cowls and/or scarves. Need to know if it is "soft" to the touch. Thanks so much. luv

·
Registered
39 Posts
You made me finally register and stop being a lurker! Malabrigo is in the top 5 of my favorite yarns. Once a year they make Finito which is some of the softest yarn I have used. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their yarn.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I love, love, love this yarn. I've used the worsted to make a child's hat. I'm currently working on a sweater for myself in the Navidad color way. It is so soft. I haven't met anyone who's used it who doesn't love it. Buy enough for a scarf and try it out. I think you'll love it too.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I love the yarn. I used it for one of Dee's shawls and fell in love with it. Does not split, no partial stitches. Very easy to use, even the lace wt. Colors are wonderful too.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
It's gorgeous; but I'm really, really allergic to wool! Sniff...sniff...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love it and have knitted lots of socks with their sock yarns but knitted two shawls with their lace yarn and not too happy with how it wore. The only way I can describe it is - it went matty - and for once it wasn't how I washed it. I had only blocked it and lightly sprayed.

·
Registered
922 Posts
By far malabrigo is my favorite yarn ( for now :wink: ) I swoon over the texture. I have never worked with Manos but have an open mind.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I am using Malabrigo lace weight (color/Indiecita) for a shawl and find it easy to work with, lovely and soft. I have not blocked it as yet but being 100% baby merino wool...it should block well. I am knitting one of Dee's beautiful shawls named Edwina. So far, I am pleased with the results.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom