Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Gillian (Ravin Red) you did it again! I love everything in the package you sent me. The 2 hanks of Salvia yarn, 3 balls of Sheepish yarn, that is so soft. The mini note pad & pen, Carmel Apple & Autum Spice coffee, Vanilla oil, nail buffer, moisture lotion, the patterns, and The Werther's Candies.

I think I will make the Carmel Apple coffee in the morning!

Thank You So Much
Maddie knitwit42

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
I feel like Goldilocks! The SWAP box 🎁I received from KNITBUDDY was neither too big or too small, but JUST RIGHT!
As a picture shows I received wonderful yarn in the most perfect of a rose shade, a coffee mug which my office one is in need of retiring for awhile. Delicious Cadbury chocolate, knitting journal, patterns, gauge ruler, votive candles and holder, snowmen socks (love wearing them to work under long skirts) and English Tea. Thanks so much Edith for a lovely present...the first of the holiday season.
Happy Holidays Everyone!🎄 🍗

Attachments

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aknitter said:
WOW! nice swap package. I'm sorry I had to miss this one, the Hurricane wiped me out. :-(

Anita
I was at my DS in W. Orange NJ when Sandy hit! We lost power for five days but I did knit by candle & flashlight And their stove is gas. Also the heating system worked. Hope everthing is ok with you now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Many, many thanks to Marilyn aka Avalon37! Wonderful sock yarn and some sparkly ribbony yarn, lots of patterns including two wonderful vintage books for doll clothes and gift ideas. I love those old vintage books! Lots of Christmas cards and an adorable owl needle gauge, snow people salt and pepper shakers, a gorgeous dragonfly ornament, washcloth, chap-stick (always needed!) and CHOCOLATE!! Sorry the picture is a little blurry but what a wonderful package to greet my return home! Thanks again Marilyn!!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
knitwit42 said:
aknitter said:
WOW! nice swap package. I'm sorry I had to miss this one, the Hurricane wiped me out. :-(

Anita
I was at my DS in W. Orange NJ when Sandy hit! We lost power for five days but I did knit by candle & flashlight And their stove is gas. Also the heating system worked. Hope everthing is ok with you now. :thumbup:
My daughter is in Brooklyn - she had no flooding or outages but couldn't go into Manhattan for three days so she sat home and knitted. Glad to hear you are all well and surviving!

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
donnaparrone said:
knitwit42 said:
aknitter said:

Anita
My daughter is in Brooklyn - she had no flooding or outages but couldn't go into Manhattan for three days so she sat home and knitted. Glad to hear you are all well and surviving!
It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't lost my job of 12 years. As I said it wiped me out emotionally, financially & physically. No sunshine in this area now. Everyone I know was affected in so many ways. Some still do not have power or heat/hot water. Still trying to figure out how to land on my feet.

I do love seeing all the nice packages you are sending & getting. I live vicariously through all of you. Keep posting!

Anita

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
donnaparrone said:
Many, many thanks to Marilyn aka Avalon37! Wonderful sock yarn and some sparkly ribbony yarn, lots of patterns including two wonderful vintage books for doll clothes and gift ideas. I love those old vintage books! Lots of Christmas cards and an adorable owl needle gauge, snow people salt and pepper shakers, a gorgeous dragonfly ornament, washcloth, chap-stick (always needed!) and CHOCOLATE!! Sorry the picture is a little blurry but what a wonderful package to greet my return home! Thanks again Marilyn!!
What a lovely swap pkg. Enjoy!

·
Registered
435 Posts
aknitter said:
donnaparrone said:
knitwit42 said:
aknitter said:

Anita
It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't lost my job of 12 years. As I said it wiped me out emotionally, financially & physically. No sunshine in this area now. Everyone I know was affected in so many ways. Some still do not have power or heat/hot water. Still trying to figure out how to land on my feet.

I do love seeing all the nice packages you are sending & getting. I live vicariously through all of you. Keep posting!

Anita
So many of us hurt by this storm! I had no power for two weeks, but I had a place to stay and I had no damage to my house, car, or me!

I want to thank Piggysue for my great package. I love the yarn and all the great snacks - can't figure out how she know I'd love those recipe books!

Merle

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom