Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this baby blanket kit from Mary Maxim about a month ago. I have never encountered so many errors as in this pattern, even with one whole row of instructions missing.

Thank goodness, the picture on the pattern was good enough that I could fudge what was missing and what was wrong with other parts of the pattern.

I love the whole design of the blanket and had to try it. I added an additional row on the border to make it a bit more 'ruffley'. I am please how it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Well in spite of the mistakes you made a grand job of the blanket, that would have thrown me. I love the colour. Beautiful.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Outstanding! You'd never know there were any mistakes with the pattern by the beautiful job you've done. Love the colors too. I think this should be brought to their attention just incase someone else wants to purchase it. :thumbup: :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
The blanket is lovely ... sorry you had so much trouble with it. As for Mary Maxim ... every pattern should be perfect for what she charges for them! Hope you did everyone a favor and wrote to them telling them how bad the pattern was, otherwise they will keep on selling garbage to unsuspecting knitters.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all. I have written to Mary Maxim, and have no response as yet. I was determined to complete this blanket, because of the picture of it on the website. It was just so pretty, and I loved the idea of the 'medallion' in the middle. I had never done one and also had never done a circular one. It intrigued me that it ended up being a rectangle, too. I will keep you posted if I hear back from Mary Maxim.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom