Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I need a scarf pattern for men, which will lay flat under a topcoat, over a suit jacket. My imagination only produced one which rolls on the edges! If anyone has a pattern which never fails, I will be delighted to give it a try. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi;
I made a couple of these suit suitable scarves for Christmas gifts and they are being thoroughly enjoyed in Massachusetts right now. The pattern is called the "Noro Keyhole Scarf" and is just long enough to cover the opening in an overcoat. One end passes through a slit near the other end and it lays nice and flat. Very manly. It is also easy to knit.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Lidlamzdiv said:
Hi;
I made a couple of these suit suitable scarves for Christmas gifts and they are being thoroughly enjoyed in Massachusetts right now. The pattern is called the "Noro Keyhole Scarf" and is just long enough to cover the opening in an overcoat. One end passes through a slit near the other end and it lays nice and flat. Very manly. It is also easy to knit.
Sorry, I thought I put in a that the pattern is available FREE on Ravelry :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Okay, one more. I made this for my husband.

C/O a number divisible by 6 and 4 -- so, say 24 or 36.
First Row: K2, P2 across
Second Row: K3, P3 across
Repeat to desired length.
Lays flat, ribbing effect without pulling in to the same degree as straight
2x2 ribbing. Very masculine looking in a cocoa brown or grey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kerrie Anne,
Thank you for the masculine scarf pattern. This is my first attempt at on-line group participation, so I'm kinda excited to make new friends. I used to belong to a local knitting-for-charity group, but due to job changes, no longer get to go. I look forward to trying out this pattern. Enjoy!
Amy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, Lorraine!
Thank you for the scarf pattern. I am going to try out each one that I received...eventually. All of our snow and cold weather are great incentive to cozy up with some warm yarn in my hands!
Amy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Gracie!
Thanks for the yarn tip and man scarf pattern. I am going to be busy trying out the several patterns which I received, but hopefully that will keep my hands warm. I appreciate your time and effort for my request. Toodles!
Amy

·
Registered
124 Posts
My friend was just wearing a scarf today that would have been great for a guy. It was all just seed stitch so it lays flat with no rolling in a muted variegated in dark colors. A straight stockinette stitch won't roll either but maybe looks a little too casual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really like the Mistake Rib pattern- you cast on an odd number of stitches and k2p2 you end with a single purl. I got the pattern from Theresa at Out of the Loop (she knows practically everything lol) and Ravelry and Knit Picks have tons of patterns for free.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom