Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first joined here a few months ago I never dreamed that some of the discussions would desintegrate to the kind concerning the Czeck woman and whether or not she is running a scam.

Some say she must be because:
She buys yarn
She wears makeup
She uses a computer

Looking at the posts I've read by most people here, I'd say this is a group of fairly intelligent men and women who are capable of judging what they want to do with their money, yarn stashes, extra supplies, etc. Why should anyone take it upon themselves to criticise them for giving.

If you don't want to give, don't give. As far as expressing your opinion, the Bible says "go into your room, have your say on your bed, in private"..... in other words there's no need for you to say something just because you think it.

Before you do, you should ask yourself three questions:
1. Is it true?
2. Do I know all the facts?
3. Is it necessary to say it?

I live in the US and I see people all the time that are on Medicaid, receive food stamps and have free cell phones with free monthly minutes, yet they seldom if ever have cash to do anything with. Here in this country we have organizations such as the Salvation Army, GoodWill, and an infinite number of churches that provide free food to people who are in need. There are any number of charities here that provide clothing, shoes, jackets, hats, blankets etc. I doubt that the Czeck Republic provides these things for their people. So think before accusing someone of being dishonest; "there but for the grace of God go [you]".

If you don't think a person is genuine then by all means don't donate anything. That's your privilege.

However if someone else wants to help why do you feel compelled to "warn" them? You don't know this woman personally. You know nothing of her life from day to day. If you've never lived outside the United States you can't begin to imagine how different life is somewhere ilse.

If something underhanded is going on then another old saying can apply "Once bitten, twice shy"... one experience can be a good lesson. If a scam is being perpetrated, the scammer will sooner or later be called to account.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
There are people who will sit on the sidelines and watch things happen. Never do anything never care. They will watch there friends get bit by the dog on the other side of the fence and say nothing. Even though they know its going to happen.

Then say. "once bitten, twice shy"

Those who want to sit and watch. Fine. As you can see by a previous post of mine about some horses that are being starved. I'm being proactive. I'm taking steps to take care of those around me.

Some people can turn a blind eye. Fine so be it. That is there option. Mine on the other hand is not to sit and watch. I'd rather take action. And as I've stated before. If I open up the eyes of just one person I'm good with that. Even if that means I have 10 blind people who don't see it. And they wish to 'help' someone who is in no need for help. It happens and always will happen.

I'll give a great example here.

Those horses are suffering because my mom didn't take action. 2 horses have died. She gave the owner the benifit of the doubt. She did nothing. She sat on the porch and watched them waste away. It wasn't until I got involved that something is being done.

So we can go tat for tat if you like. Either way I will never sit on the side lines when I know something is amuck and needs attention. NEVER.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taking action to right a wrong that you know has taken place is one thing. Saving someone in obvious danger is another. Those are things that any person could do and still have a clean conscience.

However, destroying a person's reputation and dampening their joy with hurtful words and accusation is different.

I think it's fairly conceited to believe that you can see what others can't and then feel it's your "duty" to inform everyone even though there is no proof in the allegations.

Remember the Bible says "there is power of life and death in the tongue" and "hurtful words can break a bone".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Since I am not a believer of this so called bible.

I hear just words that can be spun in anyway to make them work for the person who read them.

you say "there is power of life and death in the tongue" Well that applies both ways.

Or how about see no evil hear no evil. Turning a blind eye to something that is wrong and pretend nothing is happening.

Hurtful words can not infact break any bone. That is scientifically impossible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
I haven't posted on this forum for a few weeks now because 90% of posts plunged into religion politics or abuse (the reason I have been away) My first log in for a while and its same old same old "God says this God does that". If that is the case why is there so much suffering wether it be animals or humans Oh I know its Gods plan for us well you can stuff it for all I care. I don't care about Obama Health care or if that person is a scammer (wonder why it took you all so long to realise it) This site is only fit now for performing cats and dog cartoon sometimes 10-12 a day the K&C posts are getting fewer and fewer and I for 1 ain't gonna play this game anymore I gonna join a SEX SITE cos I know what to expect there. So Bless you my Children carry on preaching etc......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jessiana,
Do you understand illustrations? Many things in the Bible are presented that way. However, seems you're trying to change the subject. Your tone is hostile, as it has been from the beginning of the discussion. And it's rather a waste of time discussing anything with a person who claims not to believe in God. So I said what I wanted to say, no need to say more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aud36 said:
I haven't posted on this forum for a few weeks now because 90% of posts plunged into religion politics or abuse (the reason I have been away) My first log in for a while and its same old same old "God says this God does that". If that is the case why is there so much suffering wether it be animals or humans Oh I know its Gods plan for us well you can stuff it for all I care. I don't care about Obama Health care or if that person is a scammer (wonder why it took you all so long to realise it) This site is only fit now for performing cats and dog cartoon sometimes 10-12 a day the K&C posts are getting fewer and fewer and I for 1 ain't gonna play this game anymore I gonna join a SEX SITE cos I know what to expect
there. So Bless you my Children carry on preaching etc......
Bye!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wink: :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Aud36 said:
I haven't posted on this forum for a few weeks now because 90% of posts plunged into religion politics or abuse (the reason I have been away) My first log in for a while and its same old same old "God says this God does that". If that is the case why is there so much suffering wether it be animals or humans Oh I know its Gods plan for us well you can stuff it for all I care. I don't care about Obama Health care or if that person is a scammer (wonder why it took you all so long to realise it) This site is only fit now for performing cats and dog cartoon sometimes 10-12 a day the K&C posts are getting fewer and fewer and I for 1 ain't gonna play this game anymore I gonna join a SEX SITE cos I know what to expect there. So Bless you my Children carry on preaching etc......
I hear ya. 100%

Its totally crazy here.

The poster who started this thread just made a valid point.
I'm not worthy because I do not agree with 'her' way of thinking. How sad can that be. I do not see this person any less worthy because they believe in a book that makes millions of dollars a year in sales. Thousands of people get ripped off because of this book. And yet so many people still stand by it.. So so sad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,297 Posts
Jessianna said:
Since I am not a believer of this so called bible.

I hear just words that can be spun in anyway to make them work for the person who read them.

you say "there is power of life and death in the tongue" Well that applies both ways.

Or how about see no evil hear no evil. Turning a blind eye to something that is wrong and pretend nothing is happening.

Hurtful words can not infact break any bone. That is scientifically impossible.
Just because you are a pagon, and that is your right, doesn't mean that you are here to tear innocent people down. No one cares what you think! YOU ARE NO BODY! YOUR OPPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TO ANYONE BUT YOU! Real human beings are here to talk about their craft and not be harrassed by someone who '' thinks" something is going on. Do you know this for a fact? I hardly think so! You just want to start something and tearing someone else down makes you feel like you're better than they are. YOU are the trouble maker!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
LadyBecket said:
Jessianna said:
Since I am not a believer of this so called bible.

I hear just words that can be spun in anyway to make them work for the person who read them.

you say "there is power of life and death in the tongue" Well that applies both ways.

Or how about see no evil hear no evil. Turning a blind eye to something that is wrong and pretend nothing is happening.

Hurtful words can not infact break any bone. That is scientifically impossible.
Just because you are a pagon, and that is your right, doesn't mean that you are here to tear innocent people down. No one cares what you think! YOU ARE NO BODY! YOUR OPPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TO ANYONE BUT YOU! Real human beings are here to talk about their craft and not be harrassed by someone who '' thinks" something is going on. Do you know this for a fact? I hardly think so! You just want to start something and tearing someone else down makes you feel like you're better than they are. YOU are the trouble maker!
If you did not care. You would of not posted. You have proven yourself wrong here dear.

You can call me names that is fine. Does not hurt my feelings. I have my opinion and just like you I have a right to them.

YOU have no proof that what I have said about this possible scam is real either. You can not prove me wrong. I have my opinion and have shared it just like you have. You are no different than me. Except I respect your opinion and accept the fact you have a right to yours.

I'm not bashing your belief. You have every right to believe what you so wish. I have every right to believe in mine.

I will not think differently of you, because of your way of thinking. I would expect the same respect in return. But I think the 'trouble maker' comment is pointed the wrong way here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,955 Posts
SharonK1 said:
When I first joined here a few months ago I never dreamed that some of the discussions would desintegrate to the kind concerning the Czeck woman and whether or not she is running a scam.

Some say she must be because:
She buys yarn
She wears makeup
She uses a computer

Looking at the posts I've read by most people here, I'd say this is a group of fairly intelligent men and women who are capable of judging what they want to do with their money, yarn stashes, extra supplies, etc. Why should anyone take it upon themselves to criticise them for giving.

If you don't want to give, don't give. As far as expressing your opinion, the Bible says "go into your room, have your say on your bed, in private"..... in other words there's no need for you to say something just because you think it.

Before you do, you should ask yourself three questions:
1. Is it true?
2. Do I know all the facts?
3. Is it necessary to say it?

I live in the US and I see people all the time that are on Medicaid, receive food stamps and have free cell phones with free monthly minutes, yet they seldom if ever have cash to do anything with. Here in this country we have organizations such as the Salvation Army, GoodWill, and an infinite number of churches that provide free food to people who are in need. There are any number of charities here that provide clothing, shoes, jackets, hats, blankets etc. I doubt that the Czeck Republic provides these things for their people. So think before accusing someone of being dishonest; "there but for the grace of God go [you]".

If you don't think a person is genuine then by all means don't donate anything. That's your privilege.

However if someone else wants to help why do you feel compelled to "warn" them? You don't know this woman personally. You know nothing of her life from day to day. If you've never lived outside the United States you can't begin to imagine how different life is somewhere ilse.

If something underhanded is going on then another old saying can apply "Once bitten, twice shy"... one experience can be a good lesson. If a scam is being perpetrated, the scammer will sooner or later be called to account.
Do you know if her sad stories are true?

Have you met her?

Do you believe that there are people who take advantage of others?

Well I will do what my heart tells me to do. Whether or not these stories are true, maybe. But I am against manipulation tactics and am sorry to say that my heart tells me to beware.

This lady can have a reputable business without using manipulation tactic. You may feel it is wrong to "warn" others to be careful but I don't.

Posting "bunnies for future food" then cute pics of them is much more dramatic than posting " rabbits on our farm" and no pics. Then the sad story

Calling yourself "cinderella" and relating it to a sad story begs attention

Posting pics of an eviction notice says to me that she wants to post "proof" that she is poor.

One line pleading for help finding a relative in the US sounds extremely sad

10 posts of hers in just 3 pages are tugging on the heart strings of others. There were 10 pages I didn't even look at.

I am against begging over the Internet. She is not out right begging but she keeps mentioning how poor she is and horrible things that happened along with posting pics as though she has to "prove " it.

There are people who take advantage all over the Internet and I am sorry if you believe every story you hear or fall for manipulation. If I can save one nice person from losing their life savings by asking them to be careful then I will post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,955 Posts
Jessianna said:
There are people who will sit on the sidelines and watch things happen. Never do anything never care. They will watch there friends get bit by the dog on the other side of the fence and say nothing. Even though they know its going to happen.

Then say. "once bitten, twice shy"

Those who want to sit and watch. Fine. As you can see by a previous post of mine about some horses that are being starved. I'm being proactive. I'm taking steps to take care of those around me.

Some people can turn a blind eye. Fine so be it. That is there option. Mine on the other hand is not to sit and watch. I'd rather take action. And as I've stated before. If I open up the eyes of just one person I'm good with that. Even if that means I have 10 blind people who don't see it. And they wish to 'help' someone who is in no need for help. It happens and always will happen.

I'll give a great example here.

Those horses are suffering because my mom didn't take action. 2 horses have died. She gave the owner the benifit of the doubt. She did nothing. She sat on the porch and watched them waste away. It wasn't until I got involved that something is being done.

So we can go tat for tat if you like. Either way I will never sit on the side lines when I know something is amuck and needs attention. NEVER.
I am so glad that you are such a courageous person. Having so much concern and taking action is often a very difficult thing to do. It is stressful and selfless Take care
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Nice to see someone else can also see what is going on. This is the same way my sister in law got free computers and cell phones. Because she always claims to be so poor. Yet what the people on the other end don't get to see is she drives a brand new van and her hubby drives a brand new jeep. But her posts on facebook is always "Oh I'm so broke.. Man a burger from sonic sounds wonderful." And bam next post is thanks so and so for the burger it was great.
"My computer is on the fritze." Bam new laptops in the mail.
"Daughter just lost her phone. Anyone got a new one I can have" Sent new cells phones.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Cell phones? Really? Laptops? Really. Not so broke when you have 600 a month in new car payments and your kids have cell phones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Thank you Christine. Its hard to take action. Its easier to sit by and watch and shack my head. Then to do anything. But doing nothing is just wrong no matter how its spun.

Gotta stand up and fight. Someone has to. Right?

Again thanks for the comment that was sweet and for sure did not go unnoticed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,955 Posts
Jessianna said:
Nice to see someone else can also see what is going on. This is the same way my sister in law got free computers and cell phones. Because she always claims to be so poor. Yet what the people on the other end don't get to see is she drives a brand new van and her hubby drives a brand new jeep. But her posts on facebook is always "Oh I'm so broke.. Man a burger from sonic sounds wonderful." And bam next post is thanks so and so for the burger it was great.
"My computer is on the fritze." Bam new laptops in the mail.
"Daughter just lost her phone. Anyone got a new one I can have" Sent new cells phones.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Cell phones? Really? Laptops? Really. Not so broke when you have 600 a month in new car payments and your kids have cell phones.
You seem to have experience in this area. Thank you for sharing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
You are welcome.

The lastest scam she is trying to pull off with the I'm so broke, I can't afford it.

She wants to pull her daughter out of school. So 'she' can home school her. But can't afford it. Insists it has to be free. So now she is getting donations to home school her child. When infact New Mexico has a home school program for free. But that post got deleted. While the money comes rolling in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Ok I hesitate to put my thoughts in here. There are many good and valid points, on both sides being presented here. We all want her to be telling us the truth and we all want to think she is not trying to scam us. I have had my suspicions and have chosen to skip her posts. Thats my choice. Because someone has voiced a fear that this may be a scam should not be causing such a ruckus. She was valid in warning this woman not to post picture of young girls unclothed on the internet. It is reckless. We all know that. Thats a red flag. Cinderellas response was to once again get sympathy for her self from our wonderful kp gals. Sounds strange. I would be removing the naked pictures of my daughters as fast as you could say cinderella and thanking all for informing me of these dangers. Just strange. We should not be arguing about who was rude or who was wrong. We should be talking about knitting needles and crochet hooks. Ladies, we need to be careful on the internet., This is my opinion. I really do respect all of yours too. Enough said by me.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom