Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Clancy P said:
Put it in Time Out until it can behave and do something simple and quick to get your motivation back. Chocolate and wine also help a lot.
And if you go that route, let me know and I'll come and join you...
Might even bring some cashews and macadamians to nibble on....

Oh, darn it, just saw that you're in Oklahoma... sorry, that's a bit too far for afternoon tea, with or without the chocolate, wine and nuts :)
But if you let me know when, I'll do the nibbling and drinking same time as you, and we'll still get our motivation back together ;-)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Good grief, don't you just hate it when a project gives you one problem after another. I'm currently working on a (simple) pair of socks that I'm in the middle of tinking back for the third time. Not a difficult pattern but so irritating. I will not give up!!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I always have problems with "should be easy" patterns. Either they are easy and I'm bored to death and don't finish them or I wind up having to pull them back because I get bored and don't pay enough attention and have error after error. I'm about to finish one now. The only reason I'm getting it done is 3 of us are doing it as a starter project with a new lace knitter. To top it all off the designer is a lousy pattern writer. I will never knit one of her patterns again. 6 more rows to go. We had issues with her knitted on border, beside the fact that it's ugly so we're going to a simple crochet cast off. One of the reasons it was chosen was it was a leaf pattern, which is usually fun. I'll be happy to get back to the pattern I was on earlier. It's more complex but much more fun to knit and follow instructions.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I've had similar situations. Put it in time out until it can "play nice". I did that with one of her patterns. It was user error that caused the problems and when I cam back to it after about a month, everything went along smoothly. The finished shawl was a hit.

If you are concerned the edge won't stretch as much as you would like, do a yo after the edge stitches, on the right side, then drop it on the wrong side. I do this often and get just the right amount of stretch.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I completely understand your frustration. Either put it away for a while, or rip it out and use the yarn for another project. I just ripped out my Color Affection shawl (yes, I know, I am woefully behind the pattern curve) because I just wasn't "feeling the love" with the pattern. Not sure if it was the boring factor or my frustration with working with such thin yarn and trying to create the edge increases. Regardless, it's out of my radar and the yarn will be used for something else.

Really, if you put it away or rip it out, you will feel much better.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sometimes knitting can be darn frustrating. My problem is that my brain decides to start thinking about something else but my fingers keep going. Then rip out time. I think you are one of the most patient people in the world for tinking back 1200 stitches!! You can give me lessons in patience any time.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I feel your frustration, I just finished sweater I knit for grandson,if I hadn't kept frogging I would have at least 4 sweaters now. Would have thrown the whole lot in the garbage, if he hadn't picked out the pattern and the yarn. Finished and blocked it last week and yesterday got a catalog from Pendleton woolen mills, there on the back page..the same sweater on sale for $327.00, so now I'm feeling quite smug.

1 - 19 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom