Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting a baby bobble jacket and the directions say to Mb. The abbreviations say that this means "work k1,p1,k1,p1,k1, into next st, turn, p5, turn, k5, pass 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th st over first and off the needle." Does this mean that I k1,p1,k1,p1,k1 all into one stitch, turn and purl those 5 stitches that I just knit or 5 separate individual stitches? I have never knit a bobble before. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,207 Posts
I don't want to confuse you, but I found the bobble on the Apple Tree Blanket fairly easy. It involved another step , but seemed easier and made a compact bobble. Same number of stitches involved. You might want to try it both ways on some scrap yarn.

MB =
(K1, P1, K1, P1, K1) all into next st, turn, P5, turn, sl 1, K1, psso, K1, K2tog,
turn, P3, turn, slip 2 sts, K1, pass 2 slipped sts over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom