Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rascal was given to me last night as payment for a horse that I am caring for. The horse is one of two that was rescued from by the County Sheriff that were starved. I acquired them in June. They weighed about 600lbs. where they should weigh between 900 and 1000. Since June, Daddy and Pepper have gained 120 lbs and loving life. We still have a way to go but it took a long time to starve them so it will take a while to bring them back up. I will post before and after pics. Now, back to Rascal. I bred Bulldogs about 30 yrs ago. Rascal is 3 yrs old, neutered, housebroken and very sweet. His owner didn't have time for him so he gave him to Daddy's owner. He is a good person but a dog is a dog to him. He had him in the back of his pick up truck when I first saw him. I laid into him because it was hot and these dogs are not at all tolerant of the heat. So I guess after I explained the care of the breed, he decided he didn't want him. Fine with me! I got a Bulldog and Rascal is in a loving home!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
We took a momma pup and her two boy pups in a couple of years back. One little bitty puppy changed a man's life forever.

Some things are just meant to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PearlofGreatPrice said:
We took a momma pup and her two boy pups in a couple of years back. One little bitty puppy changed a man's life forever.

if only the human race had a dog's heart, this would be a much better place.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
What sweet pups! I am so glad they all have good homes!

Our little Heidi is 14 now and tore her ACL and lateral tendons in back left leg in June. They are replaced with titanium. She is recovering well, but we are carrying her around on a pillow and not taking the long walks as in the past, which I'm sure have kept her in good health. I agree, dogs have the best hearts. I feel so blessed to have had my fur babies! They have taught me a lot.

·
Premium Member
20,493 Posts
Rascal is darling!! The mascot for the HS where I grew up is the English Bulldog named "Golden Growler" and called "Growler"...have to sound tough to be a football, etc mascot! I've always loved bulldogs...and how wonderful of you to take on two starved horses AND a bulldog starved for love! God bless!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
PKarma said:
PearlofGreatPrice said:

if only the human race had a dog's heart, this would be a much better place.
I agree with you, PK. One of the little boys we took in was almost starved to death and freezing in the bottom of a plastic dog purse on his back with his feet straight up with no fur and no blanket after a snow storm. As my husband tended to his physical needs and tried to make him as comfortable as possible I searched for a special name for him since he obviously had a strong will to survive.

When I came accross Caleb, I knew it was a perfect fit. It's a Biblical name of a character who wasn't afraid to go into battle against the giants. The name has two meanings. One is dog and the other is "all heart."

I learned more about selfless love and total heart felt abandon and courage from dogs.

Rasscal looks like an awesome fellow and I am so glad you two found each other!

GOD bless you for taking care of HIS precious creatures.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom