Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have spent hours checking all the pattern sites mentioned on other posts but still have not managed to find what my very fussy husband is looking for. Unfortunately we have already bought the wool as we thought another pattern would work but wont so now we have limited options - it must be in 8ply/double knit as my efforts to translate other
patterns have ended in disappointment and I would like to know it is going to work.
Looking for something quite casual, longish and relatively easy to knit - not sure of the name of the collar I mean (possibly shawl? A soft collar that gradually disappears down the front of the cardigan - sorry I cant be more specific and hope someone gets what I mean).

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Crazy Chook Lady (snap on that front - have 40 odd running round outside - we are on the Coromandel!)

Thanks for that - have already checked that first list several times but absolutely love one of the Drops ones {third link} (850)- will have to take a look at the pattern and see if I am up to as it looks quite complicated (I wonder if you could knit the basic pattern as we love the shape but miss some or all of the cabling?) but I am still confused on the wool weight with their patterns. Do you know what they equate to? It says that the 50gm ball is 92m and my 100gm balls are 189 so lengthwise that works but I don't suppose that is all that matters and I don't see a tension guage test measurement.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scottybear - Hi and thanks for the response - take a look at the last link on the post below yours and pattern 850 is exactly the kind of shape we are looking for is it similar? Not sure I am up to the detail in that one though, something that shape but plainer would be great.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi NZbadjelly. Yes I had about 40 too until a couple of dogs got into them. Now down to 7. The ones in my avatar are all dead unfortunately. I got this chart from somewhere maybe it will help.

Do you belong to poultry central? Its great for chook owners. Heaps of info. I think you can do the jersey without all of the cabling just watch it doesn't get too wide as you go. Check it up against hubby for size frequently. And watch the pattern. Try and get as close to the wool specified as if you change from say wool to alpaca it will be too soft and hang funny.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
nzbadjelly said:
Scottybear - Hi and thanks for the response - take a look at the last link on the post below yours and pattern 850 is exactly the kind of shape we are looking for is it similar? Not sure I am up to the detail in that one though, something that shape but plainer would be great.
Thats pretty much the same, except that the one I have does not have the cables all over it. Will have a look through my patterns when we have done the washing this morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom