Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6ft grand daughter would like me to knit or crochet her a mermaid blanket something I've never done I can knit quite good but only just learning to crochet I need help deciding which method to do wich is quicker and how long does it take a good pattern to follow and suggestions for wool thank you

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just finished this for my 6ft granddaughter. Used the pattern suggested below knit, using two strands of yarn. However I took the tail pattern from another mermaid pattern. Instead of making it separately and sewing on after, I continued the tail using the other pattern and she can fit her feet into the tail. She absolutely loved it. Have fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Crochet would be much faster, but if you are just learning, it may not be easier. There is a free pattern on Ravelry for a Mermaid Tail Afghan//YARNtopia by Nadia Foud. The pattern download also includes a video tutorial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom