Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
Is this knit or crochet?

It would help greatly if you would give the actual pattern name/ designer..... or best a link to the pattern
There are many, many of these.... no way to know which one you are trying to work with...

Even numbers are 2, 4, 6, 8..... Odd rows are 1, 3, 5, 7, etc....

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
On most patterns, the odd rows are the right side of the work (rows 1, 3, 5...) and the evens are the wrong side (2, 4, 6...). But that isn't always true, so it's up to the pattern to let you know. Usually, it will say something like:
Row 1 (RS) - letting you know you're starting on the right side.

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
Just to be sure we're on the same page: you mean the part that says 5-50, repeat rows 3 & 4? And you're on row 7, right?

If so, then row 5 should be knit the same as row 3
Row 6 the same as row 4
Row 7 the same as row 3
Row 8 the same as row 4

Keep on like that, always doing row 3, then row 4 while maybe you keep a little scratchpad where you can tick off what row you really are working on.

Mermaid Tail Afghan

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Don't worry about which row you are on. I am in the middle of making my third one. Just sc in top of shell and 5dc in school in row below. The only difference between the rows is the end. You either sc which would be your next step or 3dc instead of 5 . Every once in awhile I count the shells to see how many rows I have completed I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
I'm doing Nadia Faud's Mermaid throw as well, for granddaughters 8 and 4. Just started on the small size and am on row 14. What I've done is measured the first 10 rows and multiplied by 5 to get the finished length (50 rows total). I've had no trouble so far, just repeat 2 rows to row 50. If you are confused as to which row you are on the first row of the repeat starts with a SC in the first stitch, then 5 DC in the next SC; the second row always starts with 3 Ch and 2 DC (one half shell).
Whatever size the first one turns out I'll either add or leave out rows for the second one for the sizes I need.
Sometimes instructions can be a bit confusing, Mrs.L, so take your time and soon it will be a no-brainer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom