Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried a metallic machine embroidery thread as a carry-along to add a little sparkle? I saw a non-metallic thread called Sparkle that is a hollographic thread that claims it can be used as a carry along in knitting projects and looks as if it could add a nice accent. I'm sure someone, somewhere has tried just about everything and am hoping someone has an experience they'd share. Whether the thread was metallic, hollographic, a solid or multi in rayon or polyester, I'm interested. Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
MaryE. said:
Has anyone tried a metallic machine embroidery thread as a carry-along to add a little sparkle? I saw a non-metallic thread called Sparkle that is a hollographic thread that claims it can be used as a carry along in knitting projects and looks as if it could add a nice accent. I'm sure someone, somewhere has tried just about everything and am hoping someone has an experience they'd share. Whether the thread was metallic, hollographic, a solid or multi in rayon or polyester, I'm interested. Thanks
Did you every get a response to this query? I am looking for a similar yarn

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did on another thread. Someone used it and liked the effect but warned it might be scratchy on your neck. I wanted it for a scarf which of course goes around your neck, so decided not to try it. Instead, I bought a couple of colors of shiny rayon embroidery theread and a light weight crochet cotten to try. Since then, I've found some shiny rayon crochet thread but haven't bought any. I haven't used the rayon embroidery theread, it's sitting in a bag waiting for me to find the yarn I intended to use it with, then add it to my list of projects to do. Sorry I'm not much help.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
I did use silver machine embroidery carried with grey perle cotton for a lacey short jacket. Daughter never complained of scrathy, but it probably only touched bare shoulders, not neck. Knit a little sample and see how you like the feel with your other yarn choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom