Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying some yarn at Joanne's I decided to stop in Michaels in South Hadley to see if they had any yarn on clearance. They had the Bernat Waverly for $2.49 a skein, regular price is $4.49. If anyone is thinking about doing the Bernat KAL afghan this would be a great savings on the yarn if a local Michaels is having the same sale. I did not buy any, because I had bought some yarn at Joanne's and I have to many WIP and things I have planned to make. However if I go in next week and there is still some left, I may have to buy some! Hope this helps someone!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The clearance items were unadvertised and I just happened to fine them because I was in the store. The Joanne's in Ludlow did not have any clearance yarn left according to my mother. I am going to visit her this afternoon and I will stop by an check. I wish I had a Hobby Lobby around here!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I dropped into the closest Michael's and was disappointed with the stock. I take a coupon everyweek, stocking up, and on Tuesday here in Calif they honor a 15% discount with the AARP member card. I think I heard you get the discount or use a coupon, maybe not both. Seems it varies by clerk.
Not that AARP was clearly advertised except for a small sticker on one checkout stand. I am going to drive an extra 10 minutes to go the the next closest store. They do differ.
K

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sandy (and anyone else in western Mass/ northern CT)- there is a Joanne's opening up in a couple of weeks in Enfield CT. I'm very excited since I work in Enfield. I'm sure my car will just "have" to go there sometimes after work.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
sandy127 said:
After buying some yarn at Joanne's I decided to stop in Michaels in South Hadley to see if they had any yarn on clearance. They had the Bernat Waverly for $2.49 a skein, regular price is $4.49. If anyone is thinking about doing the Bernat KAL afghan this would be a great savings on the yarn if a local Michaels is having the same sale. I did not buy any, because I had bought some yarn at Joanne's and I have to many WIP and things I have planned to make. However if I go in next week and there is still some left, I may have to buy some! Hope this helps someone!
I checked out my Michael's and the Bernat Waverly was 2/$6.00 so $3.00 each. They didn't have the right colors for me either. sigh.....

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
And my two Michael's within 10 miles of each other differ greatly. I went to the closest to find a disarray of old stuff, big handtrucks of boxes blocking what was on the shelves.
Sorry I wasted my trip. The staff is nice, but seems mgmt needs to do some whip cracking re restocking. Sadly, I realized I was in the wrong store, the Michael's farther away carries greater variety and has what I need. There is a 30% or more, off if you buy two of the same brand/style. December they had a 2 for 1 sale.
JoAnn's here has a ton of fabric, crafts galore, a forest of floral, and now framing. I have not seen a new item since I started knitting 10 months ago. I suspect JoAnn's gets a lot of internet orders (good for people who know what they want and what they are doing) because I see sales coupons and offers of conditional free shipping in my email. I have to see what I am buying at this stage. JoAnn's also has a tricky 10% off policy on books and magazines, expensive as they are. That disqualifies the use of the coupon. Yep, tricky.
I realize this is So California, but we do have to put on sweaters when the sun goes down. From the look of shelves, people are buying yarn.
K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom