Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
14,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a recipe but a tip. Use your butter (cold) to rub around the inside of your microwave bowl and things won't cook over. I learned this from another recipe for microwave toffee. I just had to make these because my local Salvage store had bags of marshmallows for 29 cents and a big bag of rice crispness for 69 cents.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
I just started making rice krispy treats with marshmallow fluff, it doesn't get rock hard and cut the inside of my mouth like traditional treats do, they're delicious!

· Registered
529 Posts
Rice crispy treat suggestions
chocolate rice with regular marshmallows just add mint flavoring extract = chocolate mint delights
next fruit flavored rice cereal with fruity marshmallows but add lemon extract = fiesta snack can be shaped like eggs

· Registered
14,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rice crispy treat suggestions
chocolate rice with regular marshmallows just add mint flavoring extract = chocolate mint delights
next fruit flavored rice cereal with fruity marshmallows but add lemon extract = fiesta snack can be shaped like eggs
We will need those rice krispie eggs for Easter since we can't afford the real ones.

· Registered
4,564 Posts
We like the slightly toasty flavor of browning the butter first then cooking the marshmallow until its also just slightly brown (all done in a metal pan). When my kids were in school I made them every single day to put in their lunchbox. I like the suggestion of using chocolate Rice Krispies and mint, YUM!!!!

· Registered
8,117 Posts
We like the slightly toasty flavor of browning the butter first then cooking the marshmallow until its also just slightly brown (all done in a metal pan). When my kids were in school I made them every single day to put in their lunchbox. I like the suggestion of using chocolate Rice Krispies and mint, YUM!!!!
You can use just about any dry cereal to make the treats, if you choose one without a special flavor, like the Rice Krispies, you can sprinkle drink mix powder into the mix. I like Country Time pink lemonade, gd prefers Tang

· Registered
4,405 Posts
My kids liked when I stirred peanut butter into the marshmallow mixture before adding the rice krispies.
Stale marshmallows don't seem to melt as smooth or fast as fresh but it's never stopped me from using them. Didn't seem to matter to my kids, they gobbled them up regardless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top Bottom