Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knitting and GIANT Veggies and the 1st place tatting

Attachments

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
I'm glad tatting continues to be practiced. My mother was the last one in our family to tat. Her work was beautiful. The generations before hers tatted a lot, but I could never get the hang of it and I don't know of any others in our family who learned.
I never really understood what was so great about giant vegetables. Just that they can be produced, I guess.
Love the knit items!

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Thank you for posting the three parts of pictures of these beautiful pieces.
It looks like some of the items in part 1 are behind glass or plexiglass which I think is great. At our county fair I've seen people fingering the items.

·
Premium Member
21,091 Posts
iluvcabernet said:
Beautiful! I've wanted to learn to tat as well.
Oh man, there are so many things I would love to still learn - have my mom's and my aunt's tatting shuttles. So many things to do so little time.....years ago I went to an older ladies home to learn hardanger. It was a lot of fun, but just couldn't keep it up - still had kiddoes at home and life kept getting in the way. Now semi retired, no kiddoes at home and life still gets in the way. Lol

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
All lovely. Congrats. But I have to say I thought I was going to see some knitted vegetables. Maybe next year…

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom