Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Dallas, TX and this is my first time on this site. I crochet and learned to knit over the internet 2 yrs ago. I love to knit hat for my grandchildren in Aurora, Il. I also do neckwarmers, fingerless gloves, leg warmers, scarves. Would love to learn how to do gloves with fingers or half fingers and socks. I belong to a knitting group that meets on Fri at the local library and we all work on our projects and help each other out. Glad to belong to thie site.

· Registered
18 Posts
Hi!

I figured out that you can cast on a couple stitches across the finger opening of a fingerless glove when you get to the place that you want to make the fingers start, just like you do for the thumb when it is time to split the thumb gusset off from the finger tube. Knit each finger tube to just longer than the finger (or thumb) it is for. Break off your yarn with several inches to pass through all the stitches at the end of the finger and cinch it closed. Ta-Da! All your fingerless gloves can now be fingered gloves instead.

*(Use 4" double pointed needles. Divide the total finger tube stitches by 10 and use 3/10 of them for each of the index and pinky (watch your placement for good fit), and use 1/10 from the palm side with 1/10 from the back-of-hand side for the middle and ring fingers. Start with the index finger so you only have to cast-on to one side of each finger until you get to the pinky, when you won't have to cast on, only pick up stitches from the previous cast-on (just as you do with the thumb). Remember to pick up the previous cast-on when starting each finger so they all join at their bases. )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom