Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may recall I have previously mentioned a friend who has been missing since a few weeks after September 11...

Most of her remains have been found, buried in the backyard of the house they used to live in...
It feels a bit surreal... You see things like this on the news and in TV shows. It shouldn't happen to someone you know...
Last weekend the new home owner was doing excavation in the yard and unearthed some bones. They were identified as being my missing friend a few days later, likely from dental records. Her husband at the time of her disappearance has been arrested.
I'm pleased that her 4 kids now finally know the truth, they thought she left them because she didn't love them anymore... I'm sad that she really is dead, which we suspected all along anyway... It's sad her mum, who was also a friend of mine, died before Tricia was found...

I wonder how he managed to bury her without the kids knowing?
The police did a search of the property when she vanished and found nothing. Now they think he buried her after the police search. Where was her body in the mean time? All sorts of questions running around in my head...

Tricia was such a lovely person. So was her husband! They were both good friends before she disappeared!?

I'm praying for all the family on both sides. They must all be in shock...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Now you have some closure. You may never get all your questions answered. That's not always so easy to live with. If you are religious, maybe you can find some peace of mind there. Talking to people in a self help group for people with murdered family or friends can help. I know from experience what its like to have a relative murdered and wanting to know all the "whys".

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Maybe when you posted about her being missing it was a premonition about her being found. Things happen sometimes in strance ways. At least now you will be able to close that missing chapter....

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Oh my dear- such a tragic ending for all involved. As you say though- at last, closure to her horrific disappearance. Her poor children- they've now lost both parents. Prayers for everyone involved! May she finally rest in peace.

·
Registered
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cainchar said:
Oh my dear- such a tragic ending for all involved. As you say though- at last, closure to her horrific disappearance. Her poor children- they've now lost both parents. Prayers for everyone involved! May she finally rest in peace.
Yes, very sad for the 'kids', they are all adults now. They are uppermost in my thoughts and prayers... Sad that their dad cut off contact with all their old friends after Tricia's disappearance, I have had little contact with them for some years now...
Thanks for your prayers, they'll need them. :sm01: :sm01: :sm01:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
chooksnpinkroses said:
Some may recall I have previously mentioned a friend who has been missing since a few weeks after September 11...

Most of her remains have been found, buried in the backyard of the house they used to live in...
It feels a bit surreal... You see things like this on the news and in TV shows. It shouldn't happen to someone you know...
Last weekend the new home owner was doing excavation in the yard and unearthed some bones. They were identified as being my missing friend a few days later, likely from dental records. Her husband at the time of her disappearance has been arrested.
I'm pleased that her 4 kids now finally know the truth, they thought she left them because she didn't love them anymore... I'm sad that she really is dead, which we suspected all along anyway... It's sad her mum, who was also a friend of mine, died before Tricia was found...

I wonder how he managed to bury her without the kids knowing?
The police did a search of the property when she vanished and found nothing. Now they think he buried her after the police search. Where was her body in the mean time? All sorts of questions running around in my head...

Tricia was such a lovely person. So was her husband! They were both good friends before she disappeared!?

I'm praying for all the family on both sides. They must all be in shock...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-24/patricia-anne-riggs-husband-edmund-ian-riggs-charged-murder/7779308

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
That is awful. I am so sorry you lost your friend in such a tragic way. You are right when you say these things happen to "other" people and then when it happens to us, it is such a shock. At least now the kids know what happened and can have closure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom