Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sock pattern is actually Ann Norling variation of her Adult Basic sock. When I couldn't get the toe decreases to look right I checked my sock pattern and there it was!! This variation is not in the pictures and I never noticed these instructions. Some one wanted a pic. I'll enclose. Thanks for everyones help.
vic

Attachments

· Registered
62 Posts
Did you crochet or knit these socks did you have to use four needles? I am a beginner knitter/crochet and I am looking for a very easy pattern without having to use 4 needles. Does anyone know if that kind of pattern even exists? I also was looking for a sock loom, but Michael's doesn't have one. Can you help me?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The socks are knit Ann NOrling Basic Adult pattern and it uses 4 Dp needles. There are small circular needles that my sister used but I have better luck with the 4. I don't like crochet socks.....they are not smooth on the feet...at least the ones I've tried and are not comfortable even for slippers....good luck

· Registered
396 Posts
The first time you try it; it is like playing with pick-up sticks. I am on my 2nd sock of a pair and have cast on the 1st of a second pair(I wanted to see how the colorway worked out). The 2nd sock is so much easier to cope with now that I have tried and re-tried too many times to mention. Perseverance and determination will carry the day. That said; if you want to do the magic loop thing; try Ravelry. They have tutorials, patterns, etc. to offer.

· Registered
62 Posts
A great book to learn using 2 circulars, or the "magic loop" is How to Knit Socks Three Methods Made Easy by Edie Eckman.
It was so helpful. And once you learn to knit socks, you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner. Not nearly as hard as it looks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom