Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hunf: I have worked a Christmas stocking to the end. When I sewed the back up and looked at it and compared to the original stocking, I found that the graph had a mistake. Now I need to figure a way to take out and replace 16 stitches so that the stocking I made will match the original. The mistake is about half way through and I do not want to rip out half my work... any help will be appreciated. I have worked a swatch and tried taking out stitches, but so far the patch is not quite right! Thanks for any help, Jan

note the white patch next to the hand on the left... it should be red. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All these ideas are great, but the stocking is for a family of stockings, and the other 10 match... so I dare not get too far away from the original... lol

embroidery thread may work... hmmm!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well... after the comment about duplicate stitching, I decided to try unduplicating on my swatch. I basically tied off the red to the tail of the white and unknit it... going back through the stitches backwards, instead of trying to rip and redo.

Thanks for the ideas, they gave me the inspiration to give it another go and I have gotten it done!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Great fix...great ideas from everyone, too. We are SOOOO fortunate to have this wonderful site!!! HUGS...GG

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom