Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone out there in KP wonderland can help me. I have knitted a few pairs of fingerless gloves for my granddaughter but what she really needs are mittens where the top section is like a small flap that buttons down to keep finger ends warm, but can be undone and flipped back to make the fingers free. I seem to remember she had some like these when she was small, but she is now 26 and suffers badly with rheumatism in her joints, especially her fingers.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I found this one for my daughter the Dr. Who fan. If your granddaughter is not into the Doctor, you could make it without the bowtie and fez top. :) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fezzes-are-cool

This one seems to not cover the thumb though, so you may want to extend the cover or leave thumbs free.

There are many more on Ravelry to choose from - if you are not member it is worth joining this free site!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#page=1&view=captioned_thumbs&query=flip%20top%20mitten&sort=best

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much Diziescott and TammyK for your quick responses to my pattern request. I never thought of going on Ravelry (although I am a member), my first thought was thee lovely KPers. I have downloaded a couple of patterns and with a bit of luck I will get at least one paair knitted before the really cold weather sets in. You can't really predict the weather here in the UK as we seem to be going a bit ofan "Indian Summer" just now and are keeping fingers crossed that it lasts for at least the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a bought pair of the fingerless gloves with the cover over and love them. Just gone through winter and driving to work at 5.30 am is freezing and the top flips on and off so easily to do small tasks. I will look at these patterns also because I would like to cover the thumbs as they get freezing (warm hands and cold thumbs

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a bought pair of the fingerless gloves with the cover over and love them. Just gone through winter and driving to work at 5.30 am is freezing and the top flips on and off so easily to do small tasks. I will look at these patterns also because I would like to cover the thumbs as they get freezing (warm hands and cold thumbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom