Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night hubby and I made this awesome Veggie Stir Fry...Meatless dinner...Well we like to make enough to have another time..other lunches, dinners etc...
It was YUMMO....I actually have had it for lunch today..

Veggies included were baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, carrots, celery, onion, green bell pepper musherooms and snow peas...it had a lovely ginger soy sauce over it.. Over white rice.

I LOVE kikkomans soy sauce and hubby prefers LaChoy (yukkie lol)

IF anyone wants the recipe..just say so. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was so delicious Oakley...

I LOVE risotto..ham and pea...sound YUMMIE...

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had so many PM requests for this recipe...
Here is the basic recipe I used AND added all the extra veggies stated in original post here and I doubled the recipe.

http://www.recipe.com/print/?recipeId=26902360

I hope all of you enjoy it as much as we did. :)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I'd hate to tell you what I ate today but I might. I've knitted and snoozed a little all day long and when I felt like eating something I went grazing. Thankfully days like this happen infrequently.

Breakfast - iced coffee
Lunch - 3 egg rolls, 2 crab rangoons, iced coffee
Dinner - bag of sour cream cheddar cheese chips, chocolate milk

Now I'm going to go back to chair to knit some more and have just made a pot of coffee. Night everybody!

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Jean Keith said:
I'd hate to tell you what I ate today but I might. I've knitted and snoozed a little all day long and when I felt like eating something I went grazing. Thankfully days like this happen infrequently.

Breakfast - iced coffee
Lunch - 3 egg rolls, 2 crab rangoons, iced coffee
Dinner - bag of sour cream cheddar cheese chips, chocolate milk

Now I'm going to go back to chair to knit some more and have just made a pot of coffee. Night everybody!
And the problem is???

If we go out for lunch, we graze in the evening. One night I had a glass of wine and Cheetos.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I'm going to try that recipe, it is just in time!
My stove died a few weeks ago, have been cooking on the top of the woodburner.
But now, finally, the gas hob and electric stove have been installed, we only bought them seven years ago. Need finally forced the installation.
My new hob has a wok burner so I CAN STIR FRY!!!!!

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh very kewl Tryalot!
Let me know how you like it :)

tryalot said:
I'm going to try that recipe, it is just in time!
My stove died a few weeks ago, have been cooking on the top of the woodburner.
But now, finally, the gas hob and electric stove have been installed, we only bought them seven years ago. Need finally forced the installation.
My new hob has a wok burner so I CAN STIR FRY!!!!!

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oooh I love Spanish Rice too...
I normally make it homemade..but in a rush...I have been known to cook rice and add half a jar or so of Salsa...really taste good too.

maryrose said:
looks good! i just had homemade spanish rice last night.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And so watery..

My husbands ancestory is half Japanese and half Scandanavian....makes for a beautiful man...
His mother is full blood Japanese...she would only eat Kikkomans and scoffed at him for eating LaChoy LOL..

It just reminds me of what a lovely lady she was..
I tell him...I do this in her honor...he understands lol

CrochetyLady said:
I'm with you on the Kikkoman's. It's Japanese soy sauce which is just soy, wheat and salt. Chinese soy sauce, on the other hand (La Choy, et al) has extra flavorings added.

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Just love your recipes Camilla. How are you now? xxx

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks my sweet "over the pond" friend..

I just love to cook..sometimes I am challenged and hubby helps...

All our children said they lost weight when they left home for college, marriage etc...
I cook nutritionally sound, well balanced meals...NO one told them to over eat lol...and none of them were fat..

I am actually doing a bit better..thanks for asking...I can swim now that the stitches/ staples have been removed..but I have to take it slowly...and NO sun for me so I go to the indoor heated pool lol..but we love it :)

Hugs,

Camilla
PurpleV said:
Just love your recipes Camilla. How are you now? xxx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom