Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
24,411 Posts
Fialka said:
I don't see anything new in this 'cast on',- just another video about the same!.. I used it for more than 50 years unless something else required in pattern !
I kind of think most people know about Cat Bordhi's version (which I think was someone else's originally), & they may not be as familiar as you are with this one. Cat Bordhi is mighty popular.

· Registered
9,165 Posts
When one uses a Mobius cast on and knits, you are knitting two side at once. The cast on is really in the center of the work that is why you see both stockinet and garter stitch as you knit. You are knitting in two different directions at the same time.

· Registered
10,247 Posts
Becca said:
When one uses a Mobius cast on and knits, you are knitting two side at once. The cast on is really in the center of the work that is why you see both stockinet and garter stitch as you knit. You are knitting in two different directions at the same time.
If you only do knit stitches, you see stockinet and reverse stockinet.

You are actually only casting on on one side even though you're knitting stitches on the first round from first one side of the needle and then the other.

A true mobius has only one side and one edge. You cast on in the middle and work out.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom