Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my second arm warmers on the round loom. Used a different stitch and they weren't as tight as the first one. Used the e-wrap instead of the knit stitch, but I read that if you e-wrapped all the pegs first, you would get a slight twist in the pattern, but it would work up faster. Next one I will e-wrap as I go. But that is how you learn.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yooper said:
Very nice--can you share the pattern
Still tweaking the pattern, but on the smallest loom(mine is green) e-wrap cast on, then K1, P1 rib for 12 rows, then EWK for 20 rows, K 4 rows, for the thumb hole: K pegs 1-23: K peg 24, wrapping the yarn behind it, the K in the opposite direction back to peg 1, turn back to peg 24, do this 6 times(1-23: 24-2:1-23: 24-2: 1-23: 24-2) K pegs 1 to 24 rows, then K1, P1 rib for 5 rows. Bind off. Hope that makes sense. I just finished another one changing the number of rows and EWK each peg one at a time instead of EW all the way around, then slipping the bottom stitch over.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
realsilvergirl said:
Very nice! I did my dogs sweater on a loom! They are great!would love a loomers section here!
I too think there should be a looming section on here as well I added couple things I have made with my looms So yes I agree to the loom section

Your arm warmers turned out great

Attachments

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I see the twist in your stitches and love the colors on this pair. I wouldn't worry that they don't fit quite as tightly. I've found some of the young women in my life like the looser, bulkier look and feel.

The boot toppers are Fantastic! I've had requests for some of these but haven't started browsing for patterns yet. They really are a great idea. :idea:

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I didn't care for the twisted stitch, so instead of e wrapping left to right, I e-wrap right to left and I get a stitch that looks more like a knit stitch.
Love your arm warmers!!!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I love the boot toppers! I know nothing about a loom or using one to knit, but I would love a pattern (regular knitting) for the boot toppers! Beautiful! How is the embellishment removed?

·
Registered
735 Posts
saintxmom said:
I love the boot toppers! I know nothing about a loom or using one to knit, but I would love a pattern (regular knitting) for the boot toppers! Beautiful! How is the embellishment removed?
I sewed a snap on to the embellishment so you just unsnap it and go without or add a different one to the topper I have couple of different lets call them collars

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom