Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
I made a similar blanket with hearts for Valentine's day last year. I loved doing it and it was well received. Your work is beautiful and the people receiving them will truly feel loved and blessed that they and their service to our nation has been remembered.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
London Girl said:
Lovely work for a good cause! I love the one with the scalloped edge, how did you do that?
Funny story. I had this cotton/acrylic boucle I had never worked with before. I tried everything to make some kind of stitch detail but it was so clunky that it all blended together. I ended up knitting the blanket in a seed stitch but I over estimated the amount of stitches I needed and it ended up being about 70" wide. So I doubled it and put a crochet stitch around the outside to hold the two layers together. the scallop is just a 7dc scallop. It may not have turned out like I thought but it's very cushy and will be extra warm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the idea of donating these lovely hand stitched blankets for little ones with parents in the Marines. My dad, bless his heart at nearly 94, is still so proud of being a Marine on Iwo Jima, to this day!
Could you share the name/stitch pattern on the second blanket pictured. I love the design and over all look of it in particular.
Hip-hip-hooray for you diligence and perseverance to donate.
Inga

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
What a wonderful blessing this is. Such Beautiful work. God Bless you for all your efforts for the children of our Military Personal.

·
Registered
38,823 Posts
missdeb42 said:
London Girl said:
Lovely work for a good cause! I love the one with the scalloped edge, how did you do that?
Funny story. I had this cotton/acrylic boucle I had never worked with before. I tried everything to make some kind of stitch detail but it was so clunky that it all blended together. I ended up knitting the blanket in a seed stitch but I over estimated the amount of stitches I needed and it ended up being about 70" wide. So I doubled it and put a crochet stitch around the outside to hold the two layers together. the scallop is just a 7dc scallop. It may not have turned out like I thought but it's very cushy and will be extra warm.
It is lovely, shame I can't crochet, lol!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom