Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Love your little pig! And the dress is very pretty, too. I did not know that there are still children's homes. I thought children who couldn't live at home were placed in foster care. Perhaps the children's home is used prior to foster care?
Just looked up children's homes in Baltimore County and found that there is one. They provide transitional care prior to placement in foster homes, plus guidance and medical help for youth. This particular home was started by the Germans many years ago and has changed through the years. I will look into their needs and see if our knit and crochet group can help with donations.

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
Do you buy the dolls and rehab them? Very nice work.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
susandkline said:
Love your little pig! And the dress is very pretty, too. I did not know that there are still children's homes. I thought children who couldn't live at home were placed in foster care. Perhaps the children's home is used prior to foster care?
Just looked up children's homes in Baltimore County and found that there is one. They provide transitional care prior to placement in foster homes, plus guidance and medical help for youth. This particular home was started by the Germans many years ago and has changed through the years. I will look into their needs and see if our knit and crochet group can help with donations.
In San Diego we still have one. It is part of our foster care system. It is called Polinsky Children's Center. My husband and I were foster parents for over 20 years. Some children are not able to be placed in a family setting so some are placed at Polinski. It is, like you mentioned often used on an emergency basis. Our home was and emergency placement home. We specialized in special needs and extreme drug exposed newborns. These children would not be placed at Polinski. Those kiddos come with nothing and LOVE to have something to call their own. I'm so happy that the op is providing sweet gifts for these innocent little ones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom