Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'll take them : )....I love them. I need to go and see if I can find a pattern for these. super cute!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bunnylee said:
...or take up golf and use them yourself. Perhaps, a different set to go with each golf outfit. They are delightful.
I wish I had time for golf.....too many other committments. Besides, my horse would have hurt feelings if I spent time elsewhere......lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't remember where I found the pattern. And, truth is, I just got some basic information and played with it till it worked for what I wanted.

But, I did find this site call Yarn Lovers Room and I do remember looking at it when I was gathering information. The pattern was old, and printed in black and white Hope it helps...

They are pretty easy. I cast on 36 stitches then split them up on dp needles, 12 stitches each. Work in k2 p2 for how ever long you want the skirt to be, mine are usually 12 inches. Then I change up to a larger set of dp needles and knit each row for 5 inches. Decrease over the next few rows till there are only 4 stitches per needle left. Cut the yarn leaving enough tail to work with. Thread on a yarn needle and transfer the stitches to the yarn needle the pull tight and tie. I don't really have a pattern, I just make them work for what I need.

·
Registered
60 Posts
slaurance said:
I can't remember where I found the pattern. And, truth is, I just got some basic information and played with it till it worked for what I wanted.

But, I did find this site call Yarn Lovers Room and I do remember looking at it when I was gathering information. The pattern was old, and printed in black and white Hope it helps...

They are pretty easy. I cast on 36 stitches then split them up on dp needles, 12 stitches each. Work in k2 p2 for how ever long you want the skirt to be, mine are usually 12 inches. Then I change up to a larger set of dp needles and knit each row for 5 inches. Decrease over the next few rows till there are only 4 stitches per needle left. Cut the yarn leaving enough tail to work with. Thread on a yarn needle and transfer the stitches to the yarn needle the pull tight and tie. I don't really have a pattern, I just make them work for what I need.
Thanks, I copied your message and pasted it. Just need to know what size needles you used

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I copied your message and pasted it. Just need to know what size needles you used[/quote]

I'm not really sure about the needle size, I think 5 and 7. They were my mom's and they are not marked. I don't have a needle guage either, guess I should buy one. The yarn is Red Heart worsted weight.

Mom taught me how to knit when I was pretty young. I just didn't know, till now anyway, that I could make anything useful.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Slaurence, very nice work. You could surely sell those. I have an art sight on Etsy.com that I know sell those also, but I did not know you could sell things here too. I'll have to check that out.
And I agree about knitting useful things. I so enjoy making baby items, booties, sweaters, blankies, and such. And slippers, mittens, scarves, cell phone covers. stuffed animals. So fun, smaller things, I can make in a few evenings and then start something new. I'm a little ADD, I think....I know!
I so enjoy your golf covers.

·
Registered
835 Posts
slaurance said:

I really like these and I have been thinking about making them to sell at my church craft faire. Thank you for sharing your pattern. I think they would be easy to do and a great way to use up some yarn from my stash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom