Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( OMG, how was that crocheted afghan made? TY!! Love it!!

TY for crafting for the military, too. I'm a veteran, our son is on tour #2; Iraq. Our daughter is prior service Navy.

That face mask is modeled using a uniform called BDU/s from my years. They use ACU/s now and I think are updating to a new CDU or something.

My BDU/s still fit (WHAT? LOL!) and have 39 buttons to avoid while pressing. The ACU/s have nine buttons now, I think and lots of velcro closures.

Who do you send to troop wise? Personal contacts or do you belong to Blue Star Moms, etc.?

TY!
~~~~
knitnut said:
So much fun and always a challenge

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I belong to the Amer Leg Aux and work with the local VA Hosp.
My husband is Army Air Corp (15th) and was wounded while flying over Austria. He lost an arm and is also a holder of the DSC medal second only to the Congressional. I picked up the contacts for the knitting through the computor. It keeps me out of trouble.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the pattern for the afghan from Annies Attic. It is in book form. I notice you are in Iowa. I spent a lot of time in Wisc and had a son in law at the VA in Mil. I met people there from Iowa.
Small world when we move around.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Yes, we're half way between Cedar Falls and Cedar Rapids off I-380 and a bit north out on an acreage. We do our common shopping in Independence and go to Waterloo a lot. Hubby works at Rockwell Collins there in C/R.

I've spent some time at Ft. McCoy, WI, too when with the Army Reserves. I took my WIPS along when at summer camps. LOL!!

Yes, small world. Thank your son-n-law for his service, too if you can.
~~~

from
knitnut said:
I got the pattern for the afghan from Annies Attic. It is in book form. I notice you are in Iowa. I spent a lot of time in Wisc and had a son in law at the VA in Mil. I met people there from Iowa.
Small world when we move around.

·
Registered
30,559 Posts
Where can I get the face mask pattern? My sons have to work outside. Would like to make them one!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( These are sold at fram store's and probably Wal-Mart, too.

We have them here on the Iowa acreage - I bought two for when one was in the laundry.
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTantifreeze.html

http://knittingincolor.blogspot.com/2009/01/easy-balaclava-this-pattern-was-part-of.html

Couple ideas for you above. These also come with all but the nose and eyes covered.
~~~~~

Country Bumpkins said:
Where can I get the face mask pattern? My sons have to work outside. Would like to make them one!

·
Registered
494 Posts
The afghan pattern is really interesting. Think its a challenge that I would like to try. Did you chose the colors or is that the color choices stated in the pattern? I love all those colors together. Wonderful! May I contact you in the future when I start one if I need help?
Carol L.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom