Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a few more tuck lace patterns, most from Brother Punchcard Patterns Vol. 5, all are scarves put together as loop. T=5 on standard machine, 1 strand 2/24 or 2/30 acrylic.
In the pictures I show front of back, not always in the same scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That's my sort of experimenting- love it ! Those " loopy" scarfes are extremely handy , thanks for showing "back+front"Did you leave one needle out of action with the yellow and blue one ? And how did you join them ? They all look very good , Ose

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okruger said:
That's my sort of experimenting- love it ! Those " loopy" scarfes are extremely handy , thanks for showing "back+front"Did you leave one needle out of action with the yellow and blue one ? And how did you join them ? They all look very good , Ose
They all have some stitches out of work, in A, that is the nature of tuck lace.
The yellow one has 3 in work, 2 out of work, 1 in work, 2 out of work, 3 in work....
The last one, green has alternating work and non work, like EON. The green one I think is too light and does not show the pattern well.

Started and ended with waste yarn and kitchener stitched.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
KarlaHW said:
They all have some stitches out of work, in A, that is the nature of tuck lace.
The yellow one has 3 in work, 2 out of work, 1 in work, 2 out of work, 3 in work....
The last one, green has alternating work and non work, like EON. The green one I think is too light and does not show the pattern well.

Started and ended with waste yarn and kitchener stitched.
Thank you Karla, when I did some scarfs I gave them a twist and then joined the beginning to the end stitches and cast them off together--- not a nice finish , so I have to hide the seam when I wear it ! I'm going to make another one and try tuck stitches AND kitchener stitch.All a learning curve . Thanks again ,Ose

·
Registered
413 Posts
brilliant scarves - love them all - so have made a note of the number of stitches, rows etc I can do kitchener - so now all I need is some quite me time to hit the machine, thank you so much for sharing.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
All are very pretty. It's a great way to try out some new stitch patterns, and still have something to show for your effort, other than a swatch. Now you're four up on early Christmas or other gifts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom