Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no sock yarn in stock to knit for my Sils, so I did an online and curbside pickup from Michael€™s. The yarn is Loops and Threads in River colour way. Each fellow will get two pairs, one with a 1x1 rib the other a 3x1 mock rib. I had done one pair and then remembered a sew as you go technique. This technique is for a single bed machine. After you have knit the ribbing, using a separate ball of matching yarn hang a strand on opposite side of the carriage knit across. Repeat till the heel. Shape heel and then continue hanging the yarn back and forth opposite the carriage till the toe shaping. You can either cut this strand or leave it. I took off the sock on waste yarn as usual and then began pulling the spare yarn carefully.it may seem like a waste of good yarn but it works like a charm. I snip it after I €™ve pulled through to the top, then re wound for the next sock. All that'€™s left to do is sew up the ribbing and Kitchener the toe.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,964 Posts
OH wow do i LOVE the color.
SO well knit.
They will make a great GIFT.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom