Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've picked back up crochet it is helping me get thrrough my working week much easier!!

Everyday I think ooo I can't wait to get home and pick the hook up and chill! I work 5 days a week and have recently taken on a more demanding role and I now feel I have a nice balance between work mode and home mode :)

Just thought I'd share that

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Yep, I know how you feel. Especially when I start a new project. If I can couple it with a new audio book, so much the better! Cooking goes out the window! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
NikkiW86 said:
Since I've picked back up crochet it is helping me get thrrough my working week much easier!!

Everyday I think ooo I can't wait to get home and pick the hook up and chill! I work 5 days a week and have recently taken on a more demanding role and I now feel I have a nice balance between work mode and home mode :)

You needed the relaxation and "new lease on life"!! Good for you :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
NikkiW86 said:

Enthusiasm is the key. That is good. I took up knitting when my children were very small because my husband worked very late and I had something to do for myself that made me feel productive. Little did I know how productive I was being just taking care of my children! It helped me very much. Being creative is great for us and gives us confidence. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
When I worked I would look forward to lunch time to knit, and found I grew a group of converts. When I came home I would also put time in knitting. I think because I could break up my day with my knitting it helped me get through my day. Now that I am retired I try to spend a good portion of my day knitting. Very relaxing for me.

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
bsaito said:
Yep, I know how you feel. Especially when I start a new project. If I can couple it with a new audio book, so much the better! Cooking goes out the window! Enjoy!
Cooking can go out the window, no problem, I can always get by. It is the cleaning that also goes out the window that causes problems. I have this issue of going to bed at night thinking about all the things I am going to get done the next day, but something happens to those thoughts overnight. In the morning, they are gone and I am knitting or crocheting again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NJG said:
bsaito said:
Cooking can go out the window, no problem, I can always get by. It is the cleaning that also goes out the window that causes problems. I have this issue of going to bed at night thinking about all the things I am going to get done the next day, but something happens to those thoughts overnight. In the morning, they are gone and I am knitting or crocheting again.
Haha yes this happened to me today!! i thought yes i'll get all my laundry done the pots sorted get things tidy polish and hoover!! nope from 11am ive sat and crochet'd my latest project

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
LillyK said:
Good for you. We need that harmony and balance in our lives. Knitting and crocheting are calming and satisfying I think it's one good reason why so many of us do it. Have a relaxing weekend all KP friends!
I still get stressed. I don't sit down to knit soon enough sometimes. How can I master that?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Lovinknittin said:
LillyK said:
Good for you. We need that harmony and balance in our lives. Knitting and crocheting are calming and satisfying I think it's one good reason why so many of us do it. Have a relaxing weekend all KP friends!
I still get stressed. I don't sit down to knit soon enough sometimes. How can I master that?
Sometimes the cleaning and laundry can wait. It won't go anywhere. Pick up your needles or crochet hook and relax.

:)

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
NikkiW86 said:
NJG said:
bsaito said:
Haha yes this happened to me today!! i thought yes i'll get all my laundry done the pots sorted get things tidy polish and hoover!! nope from 11am ive sat and crochet'd my latest project
I have a question, what do you mean when you say the pots sorted? I don't think I sort pots-or maybe I do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NJG said:
NikkiW86 said:
NJG said:
bsaito said:
Haha yes this happened to me today!! i thought yes i'll get all my laundry
done the pots sorted get things tidy polish and hoover!! nope from 11am ive sat and crochet'd my latest project
It just means get them washed and dried and put away lol it's an English term guess! :) x

I have a question, what do you mean when you say the pots sorted? I don't think I sort pots-or maybe I do.

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
NikkiW86 said:
NJG said:
NikkiW86 said:
NJG said:
bsaito said:
Haha yes this happened to me today!! i thought yes i'll get all my laundry
done the pots sorted get things tidy polish and hoover!! nope from 11am ive sat and crochet'd my latest project
It just means get them washed and dried and put away lol it's an English term guess! :) x

Thanks, and yes I do sort pots. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom