Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had practiced on mini Christmas socks, then knitted baby socks. But this is my 1st pair of adult socks. I was given the 2 balls of sock yarn, so if I messed up no loss. I was surprised to find that I could finish 1 sock in about 8 days. I bought some more sock yarn, so next pairs will match. My daughter who doesn't knit said they're beautiful. I felt I only need to adjust a couple of minor things.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,226 Posts
I had practiced on mini Christmas socks, then knitted baby socks. But this is my 1st pair of adult socks. I was given the 2 balls of sock yarn, so if I messed up no loss. I was surprised to find that I could finish 1 sock in about 8 days. I bought some more sock yarn, so next pairs will match. My daughter who doesn't knit said they're beautiful. I felt I only need to adjust a couple of minor things.
Knowing I could never match (size ) of first sock...which turned too large anyway... I found direction on knitting Two At A Time which became a total addiction. Knitting TAAT makes it easy to get both socks the same size every time. Good luck on your next pair/s.

·
Premium Member
3,967 Posts
Lovely work and lovely colours. Your addiction has started. 😊

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Good job! Warning.....sock knitting can be addictive (but what a great addiction to have). :oops::sneaky:

·
Registered
17,884 Posts
Terrific socks and very well done. You have beeb bitten by the sock bug. Welcome to the club. 😁 Looking forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have only been addicted to socks for 2 yrs but they are still my favorite pastime. Hope you get as much enjoyment as I have. Love your first pair. They are very pretty. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top Bottom