Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I think he's very handsome, but your comments had me taking a closer look than I normally would have. I see great proportion in his head, arms and torso and love the long, floppy ears. I'm thinking the legs are what look a little long and thin. For a "normal" bunny, I think they'd be shorter and plumper to balance with the arms. As they are, they do balance those ears! You often see stuffed dolls and animals with those extraordinarily long legs, though. I've always thought it makes them especially whimsical and may help them to sit. Regardless, I know little people love carrying and/or swinging them around by those legs.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Homeshppr said:
I think he's very handsome, but your comments had me taking a closer look than I normally would have. I see great proportion in his head and torso and love the long, floppy ears. I'm thinking the legs are what look a little long and thin. For a "normal" bunny, I think they'd be shorter and plumper--but they do balance those ears as they are, and you often see stuffed dolls and animals with those extraordinarily long legs. I've always thought it makes them especially whimsical and may help them to sit. If not, I know little people love carrying and/or swinging them around by those legs.
That brings back memories! My son used to tie the legs of a long rabbit to the back of his tricycle and take off down the sidewalk. That bunny ended up about 3 feet long. LOL As for structure, I thought it seemed as thought the legs were perhaps sewn on too much to one side. I have to check that out. I think you may be right about the thin legs, though. They would look cuter if they were chubbier!

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Probably a Jack rabbit! They have longer back legs than the fuzzy pet rabbits. I like him- how did he become a "he" Funny, how one just knows, even with GypsyCream bears.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom