Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am constantly knitting or crocheting something. If I am doing a larger piece, I often take breaks and make something else. WELL! Finally the small projects I do in between have paid off! I got a last minute invite to a little girl's birthday party and all I need to do is whip up some flowers and put them on a headband and a scarf & give them to her. YAY!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had a similar situation about a year ago. My teenage daughter needed a birthday gift for her best friend and money was tight. We found some yarn in my stash that my daughter thought her friend would like and I knit a pair of fingerless gloves. Her friend was thrilled she now had gloves like everyone else at school.

·
Registered
853 Posts
What a good idea! I find that people like small tissue holders for their purse. I knit a rectangle in garter stitch but a person could use a pattern stitch. I fold it and stitch it into the shape of a small tissue holder with a slit in the middle for the tissue to be pulled out. I keep small tissue packages in the house to stuff in these. They are easy, people like them and they use up scrap yarn. Long projects do get boring and who cares when you finish them so long as you do finish them.

·
Registered
42,656 Posts
I'm with you..it does pay to keep gifts on hand. I was invited the other night to a last minute dinner for a friend's granddaughter who was going off to college. I had an extra ruffled scarf and fingerless gloves on hand..whoa, that did it and it was a great hit!! Also, the little "coin purses" I have knitted have helped, too. Always good to keep extras on hand.
Best wishes,
Edie (EdithAnn)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am crocheting a bunch of sponges (scrubbies) for a craft show and if they don't sell, they will be gifts for my friends for birthdays, or holidays. A little bundle of maybe three wrapped with a nice ribbon or crocheted chain and a card. They are fun to make and look pretty . I use Sugar and Cream cotton yarn and they are double thick.

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
Great idea and I bet she doesn't get hand knitted items from anyone else! I often have a few things tucked away, one being a baby blanket. Never know when you might need a gift in a hurry!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom